Does the expansion of biofuels encroach on the forest?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Derya Keles & Eric Kere, 2017. "Does the Expansion of Biofuels Encroach on the Forest?," Working Papers 2017.24, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrade de Sá, Saraly & Palmer, Charles & di Falco, Salvatore, 2013.
"Dynamics of indirect land-use change: Empirical evidence from Brazil,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 377-393.
- Palmer, Charles & Di Falco, Salvatore, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44835, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saraly Andrade de Sá & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2013. "Dynamics of Indirect Land-Use Change: Empirical Evidence from Brazil," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 13/170, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Saraly Andrade de S� & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," GRI Working Papers 74, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Jorge Hargrave & Krisztina Kis-Katos, 2013. "Economic Causes of Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon: A Panel Data Analysis for the 2000s," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(4), pages 471-494, April.
- Wianwiwat, Suthin & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2013. "Is there a role for biofuels in promoting energy self sufficiency and security? A CGE analysis of biofuel policy in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 543-555.
- Panwar, N.L. & Kaushik, S.C. & Kothari, Surendra, 2011. "Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1513-1524, April.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marcos Adami & Bernardo Friedrich Theodor Rudorff & Ramon Morais Freitas & Daniel Alves Aguiar & Luciana Miura Sugawara & Marcio Pupin Mello, 2012. "Remote Sensing Time Series to Evaluate Direct Land Use Change of Recent Expanded Sugarcane Crop in Brazil," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-12, April.
- Zhou, Adrian & Thomson, Elspeth, 2009. "The development of biofuels in Asia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 11-20, November.
- Leblois, Antoine & Damette, Olivier & Wolfersberger, Julien, 2017. "What has Driven Deforestation in Developing Countries Since the 2000s? Evidence from New Remote-Sensing Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 82-102.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel production; Land use change; Forest cover loss; Panel data.;
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdi:wpaper:1894. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceauvfr.html .