Does the expansion of biofuels encroach on the forest?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Derya Keles & Eric Kere, 2017. "Does the Expansion of Biofuels Encroach on the Forest?," Working Papers 2017.24, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Derya Keles & Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes & Eric Kere, 2017. "Does the expansion of biofuels encroach on the forest?," Working Papers hal-01652446, HAL.
- Derya Keles & Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes-Motel & Eric N. Kéré, 2017. "Does the Expansion of Biofuels Encroach on the Forest?," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2017-09, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA, revised Sep 2017.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrade de Sá, Saraly & Palmer, Charles & di Falco, Salvatore, 2013.
"Dynamics of indirect land-use change: Empirical evidence from Brazil,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 377-393.
- Palmer, Charles & Di Falco, Salvatore, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44835, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saraly Andrade de Sá & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2013. "Dynamics of Indirect Land-Use Change: Empirical Evidence from Brazil," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 13/170, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Saraly Andrade de S� & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," GRI Working Papers 74, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Jorge Hargrave & Krisztina Kis-Katos, 2013. "Economic Causes of Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon: A Panel Data Analysis for the 2000s," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(4), pages 471-494, April.
- Wianwiwat, Suthin & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2013. "Is there a role for biofuels in promoting energy self sufficiency and security? A CGE analysis of biofuel policy in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 543-555.
- Panwar, N.L. & Kaushik, S.C. & Kothari, Surendra, 2011. "Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1513-1524, April.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marcos Adami & Bernardo Friedrich Theodor Rudorff & Ramon Morais Freitas & Daniel Alves Aguiar & Luciana Miura Sugawara & Marcio Pupin Mello, 2012. "Remote Sensing Time Series to Evaluate Direct Land Use Change of Recent Expanded Sugarcane Crop in Brazil," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-12, April.
- Zhou, Adrian & Thomson, Elspeth, 2009. "The development of biofuels in Asia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 11-20, November.
- Leblois, Antoine & Damette, Olivier & Wolfersberger, Julien, 2017. "What has Driven Deforestation in Developing Countries Since the 2000s? Evidence from New Remote-Sensing Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 82-102.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel production; Land use change; Forest cover loss; Panel data.;
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdi:wpaper:1894. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Mazenod). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceauvfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.