The international transmission of house price shocks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Catherine Bruneau & Olivier De Bandt & Karim Barhoumi, 2010. "The International Transmission of House Price Shocks," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00665531, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Ayhan Kose & Christopher Otrok & Charles H. Whiteman, 2003. "International Business Cycles: World, Region, and Country-Specific Factors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1216-1239, September.
- Charles Goodhart & Boris Hofmann, 2008. "House prices, money, credit, and the macroeconomy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 180-205, spring.
- François Ortalo-Magné & Andrea Prat, 2016.
"Spatial Asset Pricing: A First Step,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(329), pages 130-171, January.
- Francois Ortalo-Magne & Andrea Prat, 2010. "Spatial Asset Pricing: A First Step," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 546, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Prat, Andrea, 2010. "Spatial Asset Pricing: A First Step," CEPR Discussion Papers 7842, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2005. "Implications of Dynamic Factor Models for VAR Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Otrok, Christopher & Whiteman, Charles H, 1998.
"Bayesian Leading Indicators: Measuring and Predicting Economic Conditions in Iowa,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 997-1014, November.
- Otrok, C. & Whiteman, C.H., 1996. "Bayesian Leading Indicators: Measuring and Predicting Economic Conditions in Iowa," Working Papers 96-14, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2004.
"Measuring the effects of monetary policy: a factor-augmented vector autoregressive (FAVAR) approach,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-03, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Ben S. Bernanke & Jean Boivin & Piotr Eliasz, 2004. "Measuring the Effects of Monetary Policy: A Factor-Augmented Vector Autoregressive (FAVAR) Approach," NBER Working Papers 10220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Alexander Michaelides & Kalin Nikolov, 2010. "Winners and Losers in House Markets," Working Papers 2010-5, Central Bank of Cyprus.
- Marco Del Negro & Christopher Otrok, 2005. "Monetary policy and the house price boom across U.S. states," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2005-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dufrénot, Gilles & Malik, Sheheryar, 2012.
"The changing role of house price dynamics over the business cycle,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1960-1967.
- Dufrénot, G. & Malik, S., 2010. "The changing role of house price dynamics over the business cycle," Working papers 309, Banque de France.
- Christophe Andre & Rangan Gupta & Patrick T. Kanda, 2012.
"Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate? Evidence from OECD Countries using an Agnostic Identification Procedure,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 58(1), pages 19-70.
- Christophe Andre & Rangan Gupta & Patrick T. Kanda, 2011. "Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate? Evidence from OECD Countries using an Agnostic Identification Procedure," Working Papers 201118, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Christophe André & Rangan Gupta & Patrick T. Kanda, 2012. "Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate?: Evidence from OECD Countries Using an Agnostic Identification Procedure," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 947, OECD Publishing.
- Jose Eduardo Gomez-Gonzalez & Juliana Gamboa-Arbeláez & Jorge Hirs-Garzón & Andrés Pinchao-Rosero, 2018.
"When Bubble Meets Bubble: Contagion in OECD Countries,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 546-566, May.
- Jose Eduardo Gomez-Gonzalez & Juliana Gamboa-Arbeláez & Jorge Hirs-Garzón & Andrés Pinchao-Rosero, 2016. "When Bubble Meets Bubble: Contagion in OECD Countries," Borradores de Economia 942, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Aye, Goodness C. & Balcilar, Mehmet & Bosch, Adél & Gupta, Rangan, 2014.
"Housing and the business cycle in South Africa,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 471-491.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar & Adel Bosch & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Housing and the Business Cycle in South Africa," Working Papers 201323, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Goodness C. Aye & Mehmet Balcilar Author-Name-First Mehmet & Adel Bosch & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Housing and the Business Cycle in South Africa," Working Papers 15-22, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Jing Wu & Yongheng Deng, 2015. "Intercity Information Diffusion and Price Discovery in Housing Markets: Evidence from Google Searches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 289-306, April.
- Andreas Merikas & Anna Merika & Nikiforos Laopodis & Anna Triantafyllou, 2012. "House Price Comovements in the Eurozone Economies," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 71-98.
- Katharina Pijnenburg, 2013. "The Spatial Dimension of US House Price Developments," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1270, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christophe André, 2010. "A Bird's Eye View of OECD Housing Markets," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 746, OECD Publishing.
- Rangan Gupta & Christophe AndrÃ© & Luis Gil-Alana, 2015.
"Comovement in Euro area housing prices: A fractional cointegration approach,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(16), pages 3123-3143, December.
- Christophe Andre & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Comovement in Euro Area Housing Prices: A Fractional Cointegration Approach," Working Papers 201359, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Vittorio Peretti & Rangan Gupta & Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate in South Africa? Evidence from a Time-Varying Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 201216, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Clancy, Daragh & Merola, Rossana, 2017.
"Countercyclical capital rules for small open economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(PB), pages 332-351.
- Daragh Clancy & Rossana Merola, 2016. "Countercyclical capital rules for small open economies," Working Papers 10, European Stability Mechanism.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:42:y:2018:i:2:p:269-281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robertson, Raymond & Kumar, Anil & Dutkowsky, Donald H., 2014. "Weak-form and strong-form purchasing power parity between the US and Mexico: A panel cointegration investigation," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 241-262.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2013.
"The Impact of House Prices on Consumption in South Africa: Evidence from Provincial-Level Panel VARs,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(8), pages 1133-1154, November.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2012. "THE IMPACT OF HOUSE PRICES ON CONSUMPTION IN SOUTH AFRICA: EVIDENCE FROM PROVINCIAL-LEVEL PANEL VARs," Working Papers 201211, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Katharina Pijnenburg, 2014. "The Spatial Dimension of US House Price Developments," ERSA conference papers ersa14p127, European Regional Science Association.
- de Bandt,O. & Malik, S., 2010. "Is there Evidence of Shift-Contagion in International Housing Markets?," Working papers 295, Banque de France.
- Olfa Kaabia & Ilyes Abid, 2012. "Theoretical Channels of International,Transmission During the Subprime Crisis to OCDE Countries : A FAVAR Model Under Bayesian Framework," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-40, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- repec:eee:jhouse:v:36:y:2017:i:c:p:25-43 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshousing; factor models; Vector Autoregressive model.;
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-04-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-04-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2010-04-11 (International Finance)
- NEP-URE-2010-04-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdfgvfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.