Education, Market Rigidities and Growth
This paper investigates the effects of the education level, product market rigidities and employment protection legislation on growth. It exploits macro-panel data for OECD countries. For countries close to the technological frontier, education and rigidities are significantly related to TFP growth. The contribution of the interaction between product market regulation and labour market rigidity seems particularly substantial.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.banque-france.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saint-Paul, G., 1995.
"Is Labour Rigidity Harming Europe's Competitiveness? The Effect of Job Protection on the Pattern of Trade and Welfare,"
DELTA Working Papers
95-38, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1997. "Is labour rigidity harming Europe's competitiveness? The effect of job protection on the pattern of trade and welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 499-506, April.
- Bourlès, R. & Cette, G., 2006.
"Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries,"
156, Banque de France.
- Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert, 2007. "Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 151-156, April.
- Babetskii, Ian & Campos, Nauro F., 2007.
"Does reform work? An econometric examination of the reform-growth puzzle,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
13/2007, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Babetskii, Ian & Campos, Nauro F, 2007. "Does Reform Work? An Econometric Examination of the Reform-Growth Puzzle," CEPR Discussion Papers 6215, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ian Babetskii & Nauro F. Campos, 2007. "Does Reform Work? An Econometric Examination of the Reform-Growth Puzzle," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp322, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Ian Babetskii & Nauro F. Campos, 2007. "Does Reform Work? An Econometric Examination of the Reform-Growth Puzzle," Working Papers 2007/2, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Ian Babetskii & Nauro Campos, 2006. "Does Reform Work? An Econometric Examination of the Reform-Growth Puzzle," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp870, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Babetskii, Ian & Campos, Nauro F, 2007. "Does Reform Work? An Econometric Examination of the Reform-Growth Puzzle," IZA Discussion Papers 2638, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert & Dromel, Nicolas, 2007. "Education supérieure, rigidités de marché et croissance," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0705, CEPREMAP.
- Gilles Saint Paul, 1999.
"The political economy of employment protection,"
Economics Working Papers
355, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nicholas Crafts, 2006. "Regulation and Productivity Performance," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 186-202, Summer.
- Daniel Cohen & Marcelo Soto, 2001.
"Growth and Human Capital: Good Data, Good Results,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
179, OECD Publishing.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003.
"Regulation, Productivity and Growth: OECD Evidence,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
347, OECD Publishing.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, productivity and growth: OECD evidence," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 9-72, 04.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2003. "Regulation, productivity, and growth : OECD evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2944, The World Bank.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2005. "Regulation and Economic Performance: Product Market Reforms and Productivity in the OECD," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 460, OECD Publishing.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, March.
- Andrea Bassanini & Ekkehard Ernst, 2002. "Labour Market Institutions, Product Market Regulation, and Innovation: Cross-Country Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 316, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.