Farming and the Internet: Factors Affecting Input Purchases Online and Reasons for Non-Adoption
Using the 2005 ARMS data, significant factors are identified that influence the decision to purchase farm inputs over the Internet and reasons for not adopting the Internet. Internet input purchasing farmers tend to be younger and more educated. Non-adopters that are more educated most likely cite Internet security concerns as their primary reason for not adopting.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, Aaron D. & Goe, W. Richard & Kemey, Martin & Morrison Paul, Catherine J., 2004.
"Computer and Internet Use by Great Plains Farmers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(03), December.
- Smith, Aaron D. & Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Goe, W. Richard & Kenney, Martin, 2004. "Computer and Internet Use by Great Plains Farmers," Working Papers 11947, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 253-264, October.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Williams, Robert P., 2006. "Internet Access and Use by Farm Households," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21106, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.