The Impact of Integrated Pest Management Practices on U.S. National Nursery Industry Annul Sales Revenue: An Application of Smooth Transition Spatial Autoregressive Models
The relationship between U.S. nursery industry sales and seven major Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices was investigated using smooth transition spatial autoregressive models. Controlling for selected production, management, and marketing practices, the results showed that the differential effects of IPM practices on annual sales vary across geography, which has useful implications for industry practitioners.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davis, David E. & Schluter, Gerald E., 2005.
"Labor-Force Heterogeneity as a Source of Agglomeration Economies in an Empirical Analysis of County-Level Determinants of Food Plant Entry,"
6654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davis, David E. & Schluter, Gerald E., 2005. "Labor-Force Heterogeneity as a Source of Agglomeration Economies in an Empirical Analysis of County-Level Determinants of Food Plant Entry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(03), December.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1999.
"A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(2), pages 509-533, May.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1995. "A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model," Electronic Working Papers 95-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Mar 1997.
- Lung-fei Lee, 2003. "Best Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Estimators for a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 307-335.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008.
"Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010. "Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Hinson, Roger A., 2012. "Intensity of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Practices Adoption by U.S. Nursery Crop Producers," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124942, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jeffrey H. Dorfman & Mark D. Partridge & Hamilton Galloway, 2011. "Do Natural Amenities Attract High-tech Jobs? Evidence From a Smoothed Bayesian Spatial Model," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 397-422, April.
- Irani Arraiz & David M. Drukker & Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008.
"A Spatial Cliff-Ord-type Model with Heteroskedastic Innovations: Small and Large Sample Results,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Irani Arraiz & David M. Drukker & Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2010. "A Spatial Cliff-Ord-Type Model With Heteroskedastic Innovations: Small And Large Sample Results," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 592-614.
- Roberto Basile, 2008. "Regional economic growth in Europe: A semiparametric spatial dependence approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 527-544, November.
- Matthew T. Holt & Lee A. Craig, 2006. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Structural Change in the U.S. Hog—Corn Cycle: A Time-Varying STAR Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 215-233.
- Paxton, Kenneth W. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Chintawar, Sachin & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & English, Burton C. & Lambert, Dayton M. & Marra, Michele C. & Larkin, Sherry L. & Reeves, Jeanne M. , 2011. "Intensity of Precision Agriculture Technology Adoption by Cotton Producers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
- Roberto BASILE & Bernard GRESS, 2005. "Semi-Parametric Spatial Auto-Covariance Models Of Regional Growth In Europe," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 21, pages 93-118.
- Moreno, Rosina & López-Bazo, Enrique & Vaya, Esther & Artís, Manuel, 2000. "External Effects And Cost Of Production," ERSA conference papers ersa00p193, European Regional Science Association.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Ferraioli, Jennifer, 1999. "The Environmental Effects of Adopting IPM Techniques: The Case of Peach Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 551-564, December.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Ferraioli, Jennifer, 1999. "The Environmental Effects Of Adopting Ipm Techniques: The Case Of Peach Producers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Paul, Catherine J. Morrison, 2005. "Agglomeration economies and industry location decisions: the impacts of spatial and industrial spillovers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 215-237, May.
- Göran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142961. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.