Assessing the Impact of Internet Access on Household Income and Financial Performance of Small Farms
With increased focus on survival strategies for small farm businesses, we investigate the impact of Internet access on income and farm expenses of small farm business and households. Using a nation-wide farm-level data in the U.S. and non-parametric matching estimators, the study finds a significant positive impact of Internet access on total household and off-farm income.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Briggeman, Brian C. & Whitacre, Brian E., 2010. "Farming and the Internet: Reasons for Non-Use," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 39(3), October.
- Henderson, Jason R. & Dooley, Frank J. & Akridge, Jay T. & Carerre, Antonio, 2005. "Adoption of Internet Strategies by Agribusiness Firms," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 8(04).
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Gayatri B. Koolwal & Hussain A. Samad, 2010. "Handbook on Impact Evaluation : Quantitative Methods and Practices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2693, April.
- Carlson, Gerald A. & Zilberman, David & Miranowski, John, 1993. "Agricultural and Resource Economics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11104, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Williams, Robert P. & Detre, Joshua D., 2009.
"Internet Access and Internet Purchasing Patterns of Farm Households,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 240-257, October.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Williams, Robert P. & Detre, Joshua D., 2009. "Internet Access and Internet Purchasing Patterns of Farm Households," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 38(2), October.
- Savage, Scott James & Waldman, Donald M., 2009. "Ability, location and household demand for Internet bandwidth," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 166-174, March.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 2000. "Computer And Internet Adoption On Large U.S. Farms," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Batte, Marvin T., 2004. "Computer Adoption and Use by Ohio Farmers," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Hung-Hao Chang & David R. Just, 2009. "Internet Access and Farm Household Income - Empirical Evidence using a Semi-parametric Assessment in Taiwan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 348-366.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2002. "Simple and Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:143019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.