Computer And Internet Adoption On Large U.S. Farms
The adoption of the personal computer and the Internet is studied within a sample of large U.S. farms. Factors such as age and education influence the adoption of both technologies. Likewise, strong relationships exist between the adoption of each technology and the sophistication of farm management and the complexity of the farm business. After controlling for computer adoption, the results suggest there remain several factors limiting Internet adoption. It appears that producers are unsure as to how the Internet can best be used to create value in their farm businesses.
Volume (Year): 03 (2000)
Issue (Month): 03 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 1 (202) 429-1610
Web page: http://www.ifama.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Fearne, 1990. "Communications In Agriculture: Results Of A Farmer Survey," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 371-380.
- Amponsah, William A., 1995. "Computer Adoption And Use Of Information Services By North Carolina Commercial Farmers," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Huffman, Wallace & Mercier, S., 1991.
"Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions,"
Staff General Research Papers
10989, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E & Mercier, Stephanie, 1991. "Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 541-46, August.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 1999. "Segmenting The Commercial Producer Marketplace For Agricultural Inputs," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(02).
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 1999. "Segmenting The Commercial Producer Market For Agricultural Inputs," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21592, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Nuthall, Peter L. & Bishop-Hurley, G.J., 1995. "Farm Computer Uptake and Practices in New Zealand," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 63(02), August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ifaamr:34475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.