Essentials for Producer Participation in Biomass Markets When Choices are Correlated
Using data from a survey of Iowa farmers we examine producers’ willingness to supply corn stover, corn cobs and energy grasses for biomass markets. We identify factors that affect producers’ interest in growing biomass crops as well critical barriers to participation. Choices among biomass types are found to be correlated.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003
10, Stata Users Group.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Smith, David J. & Schulman, Candi & Current, Dean & Easter, K. William, 2011. "Willingness of Agricultural Landowners to Supply Perennial Energy Crops," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103930, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jensen, Kimberly L. & Clark, Christopher D. & Ellis, Pamela & English, Burton C. & Menard, R. Jamey & Walsh, Marie E., 2006. "Farmer Willingness to Grow Switchgrass for Energy Production," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21355, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Coyle, William T., 2010. "Next-Generation Biofuels: Near-Term Challenges and Implications for Agriculture," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, June.
- Altman, Ira J. & Bergtold, Jason S. & Sanders, Dwight R. & Johnson, Thomas G., 2011. "Producer Willingness to Supply Biomass: the Effects of Price and Producer Characteristics," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98804, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Huffman, Wallace, 2007. "The Diffusion of New Agricultural Technologies: The Case of Crossbreeding Technology in Tanzania," Staff General Research Papers 12785, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marenya, Paswel P. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2007. "Household-level determinants of adoption of improved natural resources management practices among smallholder farmers in western Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 515-536, August.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Davis, Christopher G. & Rahelizatovo, Noro C., 2004.
"Factors Influencing the Adoption of Breeding Technologies in U.S. Hog Production,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 35-47, April.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Davis, Christopher G. & Rahelizatovo, Noro C., 2004. "Factors Influencing the Adoption of Breeding Technologies in U.S. Hog Production," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(01), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea13:142747. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.