Off- and On-Farm Labour Participation in Italian Farm Households
Most farms are family business, both in developed and developing countries. Labour allocation choices of farm household members are therefore relevant both for production choices in the farm and for rural labour markets. In particular, off-farm work and combination of on- and off-farm work (pluriactivity) are viewed as an efficient allocation of household labour resources. Moreover, labour choice of the children of the farm household are relevant for farm succession. In this paper we extend previous literature by estimating in an unified framework labour participation choices both for on- and off-farm work for operators, spouses, and their eldest children in working age, using a five-equation multivariate probit.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.carloalberto.org/child-collegiocarloalberto/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huffman, Wallace E., 2001.
"Human Capital, Education, and Agriculture,"
Staff General Research Papers
5329, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace, 2001. "Human Capital, Education, and Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers 10438, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E., 2001. "Human Capital: Education and Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers 5327, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpc:wplist:wp22_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.