Impact of Integrated Aquaculture-agriculture Value Chain Participation on Welfare of Marginalized Indigenous Households in Bangladesh: A Panel Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cortijo, Marie Jo A., 2014. "Contributing to the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition: lessons from Bangladesh," ESA Working Papers 288982, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Kerr, John M. & Kolavalli, Shashi, 1999. "Impact of agricultural research on poverty alleviation: conceptual framework with illustrations from the literature," EPTD discussion papers 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna, 2015.
"Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 80-91.
- Muriithi, Beatrice & Matz, Julia Anna, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Vegetable Commercialization: Evidence from Smallholder Producers in Kenya," Discussion Papers 166029, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Heckman, J.J. & Hotz, V.J., 1988.
"Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods For Estimating The Impact Of Social Programs: The Case Of Manpower Training,"
University of Chicago - Economics Research Center
88-12, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- James J. Heckman, 1989. "Choosing Among Alternative Nonexperimental Methods for Estimating the Impact of Social Programs: The Case of Manpower Training," NBER Working Papers 2861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sarker, Md. Abdur Rashid & Alam, Khorshed & Gow, Jeff, 2012. "Exploring the relationship between climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: An analysis of time series data," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 11-16.
- Kouser, Shahzad & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Impact of Bt cotton on pesticide poisoning in smallholder agriculture: A panel data analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2105-2113, September.
- Dey, Madan M. & Spielman, David J. & Haque, A.B.M.M. & Rahman, M.S. & Valmonte-Santos, R., 2013. "Change and diversity in smallholder rice–fish systems: Recent evidence and policy lessons from Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 108-117.
- Guush Berhane & Cornelis Gardebroek, 2010.
"Does Microfinance Reduce Rural Poverty? Evidence Based on Household Panel Data from Northern Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 43-55.
- Berhane, Guush & Gardebroek, Cornelis, 2009. "Does microfinance reduce rural poverty? Evidence based on household panel data from northern Ethiopia," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51472, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bezu, Sosina & Kassie, Girma T. & Shiferaw, Bekele & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, 2014.
"Impact of Improved Maize Adoption on Welfare of Farm Households in Malawi: A Panel Data Analysis,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 120-131.
- Bezu, Sosina & Kassie, Girma & Shiferaw, Bekele & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob, 2013. "Impact of Improved Maize Adoption on Welfare of Farm Households in Malawi: A Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 48763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 256-267, January.
- Jorgenson, Andrew & Birkholz, Ryan, 2010. "Assessing the causes of anthropogenic methane emissions in comparative perspective, 1990-2005," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2634-2643, October.
- Madan M. Dey & Ferdinand J. Paraguas & Patrick Kambewa & Diemuth E. Pemsl, 2010. "The impact of integrated aquaculture–agriculture on small‐scale farms in Southern Malawi," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 67-79, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abu Hayat Md. Saiful Islam & Joachim Braun & Andrew L. Thorne-Lyman & Akhter U. Ahmed, 2018. "Farm diversification and food and nutrition security in Bangladesh: empirical evidence from nationally representative household panel data," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(3), pages 701-720, June.
- Qiao, Fangbin, 2015. "Fifteen Years of Bt Cotton in China: The Economic Impact and its Dynamics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 177-185.
- Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Bt cotton and sustainability of pesticide reductions in India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 47-55.
- Joseph Kangmennaang & Rachel Bezner Kerr & Esther Lupafya & Laifolo Dakishoni & Mangani Katundu & Isaac Luginaah, 2017. "Impact of a participatory agroecological development project on household wealth and food security in Malawi," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(3), pages 561-576, June.
- Aslihan Arslan & Kristin Floress & Christine Lamanna & Leslie Lipper & Solomon Asfaw & Todd Rosenstock, 2020. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 63 - The adoption of improved agricultural technologies - A meta-analysis for Africa," IFAD Research Series 304758, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Evaluating nutrition and health impacts of agricultural innovations," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 185785, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- James J. Heckman & Petra E. Todd, 2009.
"A note on adapting propensity score matching and selection models to choice based samples,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(s1), pages 230-234, January.
- Heckman, James J. & Todd, Petra E., 2009. "A Note on Adapting Propensity Score Matching and Selection Models to Choice Based Samples," IZA Discussion Papers 4304, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- James J. Heckman & Petra E. Todd, 2009. "A Note on Adapting Propensity Score Matching and Selection Models to Choice Based Samples," NBER Working Papers 15179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krishna Bahadur KC & Iftekharul Haque & Alexander F. Legwegoh & Evan D. G. Fraser, 2016. "Strategies to Reduce Food Loss in the Global South," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-13, June.
- Dettmann, E. & Becker, C. & Schmeißer, C., 2011. "Distance functions for matching in small samples," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 1942-1960, May.
- Chabé-Ferret, Sylvain, 2015. "Analysis of the bias of Matching and Difference-in-Difference under alternative earnings and selection processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 185(1), pages 110-123.
- James J. Heckman, 1991.
"Randomization and Social Policy Evaluation Revisited,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman, 2020. "Randomization and Social Policy Evaluation Revisited," Working Papers 2020-001, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Heckman, James J., 2020. "Randomization and Social Policy Evaluation Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 12882, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000.
"A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 136(III), pages 247-268, September.
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000. "A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20006, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Linacre, Nicholas & Falck-Zepeda, José & Komen, John & MacLaren, Donald, 2006. "Risk assessment and management of genetically modified organisms under Australia's Gene Technology Act:," EPTD discussion papers 157, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ichimura, Hidehiko & Todd, Petra E., 2007.
"Implementing Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimators,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.),Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 74,
- Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 2006. "Implementing Nonparametric and Semiparametric Estimators," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-452, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Riccardo Welters & Joan Muysken, 2006. "Employer search and employment subsidies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1435-1448.
- Tesfaye, Wondimagegn & Tirivayi, Nyasha, 2020. "Crop diversity, household welfare and consumption smoothing under risk: Evidence from rural Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhães, Eduardo C. & Vosti, Stephen A., 2002.
"Assessing and attributing the benefits from varietal improvement research: evidence from Embrapa, Brazil,"
EPTD discussion papers
95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philip Pardey & Julian Alston & Connie Chan-Kang & Eduardo MagalhÃ£es & Stephen Vosti, 2003. "Assessing and Attributing the Benefits from Varietal Improvement Research: Evidence from Embrapa, Brazil," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2003-06, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Yuan, Yan & Xu, Lihe, 2015. "Are poor able to access the informal credit market? Evidence from rural households in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 232-246.
- A. K. M. Abdullah Al-Amin & Tahmina Akhter & Abu Hayat Md. Saiful Islam & Hasneen Jahan & M. J. Hossain & Md. Masudul Haque Prodhan & Mohammed Mainuddin & Mac Kirby, 2019. "An intra-household analysis of farmers’ perceptions of and adaptation to climate change impacts: empirical evidence from drought prone zones of Bangladesh," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 156(4), pages 545-565, October.
- John Rust, 2014. "The Limits of Inference with Theory: A Review of Wolpin (2013)," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(3), pages 820-850, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae18:277412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.