Climate change and agriculture in South Asia: adaptation options in smallholder production systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2012. "Small Farmers in India: Challenges and Opportunities," Working Papers id:5037, eSocialSciences.
- R. Mall & Ranjeet Singh & Akhilesh Gupta & G. Srinivasan & L. Rathore, 2007. "Impact of climate change on Indian agriculture: a review," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 225-231, May.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Koo, Jawoo & Robertson, Richard & Sulser, Timothy & Zhu, Tingju & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & Palazzo, Amanda & Batka, Miroslav & Magalhaes, Marilia & Va, 2009. "Climate change: Impact on agriculture and costs of adaptation," Food policy reports 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barah, B.C., 2009. "Economic and Ecological Benefits of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Tamil Nadu," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 22(2), July.
- Ram Fishman, 2018. "Groundwater depletion limits the scope for adaptation to increased rainfall variability in India," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 195-209, March.
- Ayako Matsuda & Takashi Kurosaki, 2019. "Demand for temperature and rainfall index insurance in India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 50(3), pages 353-366, May.
- Architesh Panda & Upasna Sharma & K.N. Ninan & Anthony Patt, 2017. "Adaptive capacity contributing to improved agricultural productivity at the household level: empirical findings highlighting the importance of crop insurance," Chapters, in: K. N. Ninan & Makoto Inoue (ed.), Building a Climate Resilient Economy and Society, chapter 3, pages 41-58, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ridhima Gupta & E. Somanathan & Sagnik Dey, 2017. "Global warming and local air pollution have reduced wheat yields in India," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 593-604, February.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2012. "Small farmers in India: Challenges and opportunities," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chorran, Tenzin & Kuchimanchi, Bhavana Rao & Karmakar, Shreya & Sharma, Himani & Ghosh, Debarupa & Priyadarshini, Pratiti, 2021. "Understanding How Local-level Environment Stewardship Initiatives Increase Livelihood Resilience to Climate Change: Insights from Rajasthan, India," Ecology, Economy and Society - the INSEE Journal, Indian Society of Ecological Economics (INSEE), vol. 4(01), January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- T. S. Amjath-Babu & Pramod K. Aggarwal & Sonja Vermeulen, 2019. "Climate action for food security in South Asia? Analyzing the role of agriculture in nationally determined contributions to the Paris agreement," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 283-298, March.
- Komol Singha & Rohi Choudhary & Kedar Vishnu, 2014. "Growth and Diversification of Horticulture Crops in Karnataka," SAGE Open, , vol. 4(3), pages 21582440145, September.
- Nataraj, Manikantha & Bhattacharya, Soham, 2020. "Bitter Convergence: Contemporary Crisis of Labour in Rural West Bengal," MPRA Paper 103363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhattacharya, Rudrani & Chakravarti, Parma & Mundle, Sudipto, 2018. "Forecasting India's Economic Growth: A Time-Varying Parameter Regression Approach," Working Papers 18/238, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Bastian Winkler & Iris Lewandowski & Angelika Voss & Stefanie Lemke, 2018. "Transition towards Renewable Energy Production? Potential in Smallholder Agricultural Systems in West Bengal, India," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-24, March.
- Manish Kumar, 2019. "Indiaâ€™s Rice Export: What Is in It for Farmers?," Agrarian South: Journal of Political Economy, Centre for Agrarian Research and Education for South, vol. 8(1-2), pages 136-171, April.
- Muhammad Irshad Ahmad & Les Oxley & Hengyun Ma, 2020. "What Makes Farmers Exit Farming: A Case Study of Sindh Province, Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-17, April.
- Mousumi Das, 2014.
"Measures, spatial profile and determinants of dietary diversity: Evidence from India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2014-045, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Mousumi Das, 2014. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:6273, eSocialSciences.
- Mousumi Das, 2016. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:10700, eSocialSciences.
- Deepa Pradhan & Ram Ranjan, 2015. "Do Institutional Programs Aimed at Groundwater Augmentation Affect Crop Choice Decisions under Groundwater Irrigation? Empirical Evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 1-31.
- Bina Agarwal & Ankush Agrawal, 2016. "To farm or not to farm? Indian farmers in transition," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 012016, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Bina Agarwal & Ankush Agrawal, 2017. "Do farmers really like farming? Indian farmers in transition," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 460-478, October.
- Baral, Nayana & Paria, Bidur & Behera, Bhagirath & Mishra, Pulak, 2021. "Household behaviour and nutrition-sensitive agricultural practices: Experiences of smallholder farmers in Northern West Bengal, India," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 21(C).
- Amit KUNDU, 2017.
"National rural employment guarantee programme and marginal farmer households: An assessment,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 306-314, September.
- Kundu, AMIT, 2017. "National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme and Marginal Farmer Households: An Assessment," MPRA Paper 82434, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2017.
- Thapar, Sapan & Sharma, Seema & Verma, Ashu, 2017. "Local community as shareholders in clean energy projects: Innovative strategy for accelerating renewable energy deployment in India," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 873-885.
- repec:fpr:ifprib:2012ghienglish is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Peter R. & Bridle, Kerry L. & Crimp, Steven J., 2016. "Assessing the capacity of Australian broadacre mixed farmers to adapt to climate change: Identifying constraints and opportunities," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 129-141.
- Jeetendra Prakash Aryal & Cathy R. Farnworth & Ritika Khurana & Srabashi Ray & Tek B. Sapkota & Dil Bahadur Rahut, 2020. "Does women’s participation in agricultural technology adoption decisions affect the adoption of climate‐smart agriculture? Insights from Indo‐Gangetic Plains of India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 973-990, August.
- Takahashi, Kazushi & Noritomo, Yuma & Ikegami, Munenobu & Jensen, Nathaniel D., 2020.
"Understanding pastoralists’ dynamic insurance uptake decisions: Evidence from four-year panel data in Ethiopia,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Kazushi Takahashi & Yuma Noritomo & Munenobu Ikegami & Nathaniel D. Jensen, 2019. "Understanding Pastoralists’ Dynamic Insurance Uptake Decisions: Evidence from Four-year Panel Data in Ethiopia," GRIPS Discussion Papers 19-22, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Claudia Ringler & Menaal Ebrahim, 2015. "Policy Nook: "Climate Change and Water: What Can Economics Tell Us?"," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(03), pages 1-7.
- Esteve, Paloma & Varela-Ortega, Consuelo & Blanco-Gutiérrez, Irene & Downing, Thomas E., 2015. "A hydro-economic model for the assessment of climate change impacts and adaptation in irrigated agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 49-58.
- Mauro Vigani & Manuel Gomez-Barbero & Emilio Rodríguez-Cerezo, 2015. "The determinants of wheat yields: the role of sustainable innovation, policies and risks in France and Hungary," JRC Working Papers JRC95950, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Adaptation; South Asia;
All these keywords.
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:22:y:2020:i:6:d:10.1007_s10668-019-00414-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.