International Price Transmission In Cge Models: How To Reconcile Econometric Evidence And Endogenous Model Response?
The field of price transmission is dominated by econometric time-series analysis (PTA) and rather disconnected from analyses based on CGE models. This paper addresses how a certain degree of empirically determined price transmission can be met in a single country CGE model. We examine and validate seven determinants including structural characteristics of the model, the parameterization of behavioral functions and properties of the sectors concerned.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bundesallee 50, 38116 Braunschweig|
Phone: 0531 / 596 5501
Fax: 0531 / 596 5599
Web page: http://www.gewisola.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites M., 2003.
"Evidence And Implications Of Non-Tradability Of Food Staples In Tanzania 1983-1998,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22102, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Delgado, Christopher & Minot, Nicholas & Tiongco, Marites, 2004. "Evidence and implications of non-tradability of food staples in Tanzania 1983-1998," MTID discussion papers 72, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mundlak, Yair & Larson, Donald F, 1992. "On the Transmission of World Agricultural Prices," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 399-422, September.
- Channing Arndt & Rui Benfica & Nelson Maximiano & Antonio M. D. Nucifora & James T. Thurlow, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: impacts and responses for Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 497-511, November.
- Inci Ötker & David Vávra & Francisco F. Vazquez & Luis Ignacio Jácome & Karl F Habermeier & Kotaro Ishi & Alessandro Giustiniani & Turgut Kisinbay, 2009. "Inflation Pressures and Monetary Policy Options in Emerging and Developing Countries—A Cross Regional Perspective," IMF Working Papers 09/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Nicita, Alessandro, 2005. "Multilateral trade liberalization and Mexican households : the effect of the Doha development agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3707, The World Bank.
- Grethe, Harald & Siddig, Khalid H.A. & Goetz, Linde & Ihle, Rico, 2012. "How Do World Agricultural Commodity Price Spikes Affect The Income Distribution In Israel?," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137154, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- John Baffes & Bruce Gardner, 2003. "The transmission of world commodity prices to domestic markets under policy reforms in developing countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 159-180.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey D & Robinson, Sherman, 1993. "External Shocks, Purchasing Power Parity, and the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 45-63, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi12:137388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.