The Impact Of Climate Change On The Profitability Of Site Specific Technologies
Site Specific Technologies (SST) can reduce environmental pollution caused by common agricultural practice. Using a case study for corn yields, we investigate the impact of climate change (CC) on profitability of SSTs. We find CC to increase spatial variability of soils with respect to optimal input application and yield variability. This leads, ceteris paribus, to higher incentives for SST adoption in the future.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bundesallee 50, 38116 Braunschweig|
Phone: 0531 / 596 5501
Fax: 0531 / 596 5599
Web page: http://www.gewisola.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Finger, 2008.
"Modeling agricultural production risk and the adaptation to climate change,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 25-41, May.
- Finger, Robert & Schmid, Stephanie, 2007. "Modeling agricultural production risk and the adaptation to climate change," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9270, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Robert & Schmid, Stéphanie, 2007. "Modelling Agricultural Production Risk and the Adaptation to Climate Change," MPRA Paper 3943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khanna, Madhu & Isik, Murat & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2000. "Investment in site-specific crop management under uncertainty: implications for nitrogen pollution control and environmental policy," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 24(1), December.
- Khanna, Madhu & Isik, Murat & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2000. "Investment in site-specific crop management under uncertainty: implications for nitrogen pollution control and environmental policy," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 9-21, December.
- Finger, Robert & Hediger, Werner, 2007. "The Application of Robust Regression to a Production Function Comparison – the Example of Swiss Corn," MPRA Paper 4740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Finger & Werner Hediger, 2008. "The Application of Robust Regression to a Production Function Comparison – the Example of Swiss Corn," IED Working paper 08-02, IED Institute for Environmental Decisions, ETH Zurich.
- Murat Isik & Madhu Khanna, 2003. "Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences, and Adoption of Site-Specific Technologies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 305-317.
- Isik, Murat & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Stochastic Technology, Risk Preferences And Adoption Of Site-Specific Technologies," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19858, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pampolino, M.F. & Manguiat, I.J. & Ramanathan, S. & Gines, H.C. & Tan, P.S. & Chi, T.T.N. & Rajendran, R. & Buresh, R.J., 2007. "Environmental impact and economic benefits of site-specific nutrient management (SSNM) in irrigated rice systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 1-24, March.
- Luc Anselin & Rodolfo Bongiovanni & Jess Lowenberg-DeBoer, 2004. "A Spatial Econometric Approach to the Economics of Site-Specific Nitrogen Management in Corn Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 675-687.
- Eitzinger, J. & Stastna, M. & Zalud, Z. & Dubrovsky, M., 2003. "A simulation study of the effect of soil water balance and water stress on winter wheat production under different climate change scenarios," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 195-217, July.
- Isik, Murat & Khanna, Madhu, 2002. "Variable-Rate Nitrogen Application Under Uncertainty: Implications For Profitability And Nitrogen Use," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gewi07:7574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.