How Useful Is Inequality Of Opportunity As A Policy Construct?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2015. "How Useful is Inequality of Opportunity as a Policy Construct?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10508, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6980, The World Bank.
- Ravi Kanbur & Adam Wagstaff, 2014. "How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct?," Working Papers 338, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravi Kanbur, 2006.
"The policy significance of inequality decompositions,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(3), pages 367-374, December.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2003. "The Policy Significance of Inequality Decompositions," Working Papers 127237, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Erwin Ooghe & Erik Schokkaert & Dirk gaer, 2007.
"Equality of Opportunity versus Equality of Opportunity Sets,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 28(2), pages 209-230, February.
- Erwin Ooghe & Erik Schokkaert & Dirk Van de Gaer, 2003. "Equality of opportunity versus equality of opportunity sets," Public Economics Working Paper Series wpeoeos, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- OOGHE, Erwin & SCHOKKAERT, Erik & VAN DE GAER, Dirk, 2007. "Equality of opportunity versus equality of opportunity sets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1960, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Ooghe & E. Schokkaert & D. Van De Gaer, 2004. "Equality of opportunity versus equality of opportunity sets," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/240, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jose R. Molinas Vega & Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi, 2009.
"Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 2580, September.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & José R. Molinas & Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H. G. Ferreira, 2009. "Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 60098, February.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2011. "Equity in health and health care," CORE Discussion Papers 2011026, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:idb:idbbks:361 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Vito Peragine, 2004. "Measuring and implementing equality of opportunity for income," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 22(1), pages 187-210, February.
- Vitorocco Peragine, "undated". "Measuring and Implementing Equality of Opportunity for Income," Discussion Papers 98/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances And Efforts: How Important Is Their Correlation For The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity In Health?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(12), pages 1470-1495, December.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How Important is their Correlation for the Measurement of Inequality of Opportunity in Health?," Post-Print hal-01499622, HAL.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How important is their correlation for the measurement of inequality of opportunity in health?," Post-Print hal-01526037, HAL.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco Ferreira & Michael Walton, 2007. "Equity, efficiency and inequality traps: A research agenda," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(2), pages 235-256, August.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Walton, Michael, 2006. "Equity, Efficient and Inequality Traps: A Research Agenda," Working Paper Series rwp06-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco Ferreira & Michael Walton, 2007. "Equity, efficiency and inequality traps: A research agenda," Post-Print halshs-00754212, HAL.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Milton Friedman, 1953. "Choice, Chance, and the Personal Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61, pages 277-277.
- repec:idb:brikps:60098 is not listed on IDEAS
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
- Anthony Atkinson, 2011. "On lateral thinking," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(3), pages 319-328, September.
- Bleichrodt, Han & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2006. "A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 945-957, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hufe, Paul & Peichl, Andreas, 2016.
"Beyond equal rights: Equality of opportunity in political participation,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
16-068, ZEW - Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH Mannheim / Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Paul Hufe & Andreas Peichl, 2018. "Beyond Equal Rights: Equality of Opportunity in Political Participation," CESifo Working Paper Series 7219, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balcázar, Carlos Felipe, 2015.
"Lower bounds on inequality of opportunity and measurement error,"
Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 102-105.
- Balcazar Salazar,Carlos Felipe, 2015. "Lower bounds on inequality of opportunity and measurement error," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7379, The World Bank.
- Jeffrey Zax, 2016. "Provincial valuations of human capital in urban China, inter-regional inequality and the implicit value of a Guangdong hukou," ERSA conference papers ersa16p693, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:bla:econpa:v:36:y:2017:i:4:p:380-400 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:injoed:v:62:y:2018:i:c:p:234-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jecinq:v:16:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10888-017-9358-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krafft, Caroline & Alawode, Halimat, 2018.
"Inequality of opportunity in higher education in the Middle East and North Africa,"
International Journal of Educational Development,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 234-244.
- Caroline Krafft & Halimat Alawode, 2016. "Inequality of Opportunity in Higher Education in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 1056, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 2016.
- Lara Ibarra,Gabriel & Martinez Cruz,Adan L., 2015. "Exploring the sources of downward bias in measuring inequality of opportunity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7458, The World Bank.
- Paolo Brunori, 2016. "Review of Joseph Fishkin 's Bottlenecks: A New Theory of Equal Opportunity," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(1), pages 198-205, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Teaching/Communication/Extension/Profession;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:250005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.