Circumstances And Efforts: How Important Is Their Correlation For The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity In Health?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How important is their correlation for the measurement of inequality of opportunity in health?," Post-Print hal-01526037, HAL.
- Florence Jusot & Sandy Tubeuf & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Circumstances and Efforts: How Important is their Correlation for the Measurement of Inequality of Opportunity in Health?," Post-Print hal-01499622, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dolan & Claire Gudex, 1995. "Time preference, duration and health state valuations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 289-299, July.
- Nancy J. Devlin & Aki Tsuchiya & Ken Buckingham & Carl Tilling, 2011.
"A uniform time trade off method for states better and worse than dead: feasibility study of the ‘lead time’ approach,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 348-361, March.
- Devlin, N. & Tsuchiya, A. & Buckingham, K. & Tilling, C., 2009. "A uniform Time Trade Off method for states better and worse than dead: feasibility study of the ‘lead time’ approach," Working Papers 09/08, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Angela Robinson & Anne Spencer, 2006. "Exploring challenges to TTO utilities: valuing states worse than dead," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 393-402.
- Loewenstein, George, 1987. "Anticipation and the Valuation of Delayed Consumption," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 666-684, September.
- Cairns, John & Van der Pol, Marjon, 1997. "Constant and decreasing timing aversion for saving lives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(11), pages 1653-1659, December.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Aydede, Sema K & Portney, Paul R, 1992. "Rates of Time Preference for Saving Lives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 469-472, May.
- John A. Cairns & Marjon M. Van Der Pol, 1997. "Saving future lives. A comparison of three discounting models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 341-350.
- Angelina Lazaro & Ramon Barberan & Encarnacion Rubio, 2001. "Private and social time preferences for health and money: an empirical estimation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 351-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ravi Kanbur & Adam Wagstaff, 2014.
"How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct?,"
338, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2015. "How Useful is Inequality of Opportunity as a Policy Construct?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10508, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6980, The World Bank.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "How Useful Is Inequality Of Opportunity As A Policy Construct?," Working Papers 250005, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joan Gil & Guillem López Casasnovas & Toni Mora, 2013. "Taxation of unhealthy consumption of food and drinks: An updated literature review," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 207(4), pages 119-140, December.
- Carrieri, V. & Jones, M.A., 2016. "Inequality of opportunity in health: a decomposition-based approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/05, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Giesecke, Matthias & Okoampah, Sarah, 2014. "Inequality of Opportunity in Retirement Age – The Role of Physical Job Demands," Ruhr Economic Papers 492, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Christine le Clainche & Sandy Tubeuf, 2013. "Nannying, nudging, rewarding? A discussion on the constraints and the degree of control over health status," Working Papers 1306, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
- Rafael Carranza & Daniel Hojman, 2015. "Inequality of Opportunity in Health and Cognitive Abilities: The Case of Chile," Working Papers wp410, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- López-Casasnovas, Guillem, 2013. "Reconsideración de las políticas fiscales y las responsabilidades en salud. Una nota /A Reconsideration of Fiscal Policies and Health Responsibilities. A Note," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 327-332, Septiembr.
- Damien Bricard & Florence Jusot & Alain Trannoy & Sandy Tubeuf, 2017. "Inequality of Opportunity in Health and the Principle of Natural Reward: evidence from European Countries," Working Papers hal-01523949, HAL.
- Florence Jusot & Sabine Mage & Marta Menendez, 2014. "Inequality of Opportunity in Health in Indonesia," Working Papers DT/2014/06, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- DEUTSCH Joseph & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel & SILBER Jacques, 2016. "Disentangling the impacts of circumstances and efforts on health inequality: the case of Luxembourg," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-07, LISER.
- Andrew Jones & John Roemer & Pedro Rosa Dias, 2014.
"Equalising opportunities in health through educational policy,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 43(3), pages 521-545, October.
- Jones, A. M. & Roemer, J. E. & Rosa Dias, P., 2013. "Equalising Opportunities in Health Through Educational Policy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 13/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- John E. Roemer & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Equality of Opportunity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1921, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John E. Roemer & Alain Trannoy, 2016. "Equality of Opportunity: Theory and Measurement," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1288-1332, December.
- repec:lde:journl:y:2017:i:87:p:125-164 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13753 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:164-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- MUSSARD Stéphane & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel, 2016. "A Two-parameter Family of Socio-economic Health Inequality Indices: Accounting for Risk and Inequality Aversions," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-15, LISER.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0492 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Giesecke & Sarah Okoampah, 2014. "Inequality of Opportunity in Retirement Age – The Role of Physical Job Demands," Ruhr Economic Papers 0492, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:col:000174:015710 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:22:y:2013:i:12:p:1470-1495. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .