The Policy Significance of Inequality Decompositions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ravi Kanbur, 2006. "The policy significance of inequality decompositions," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(3), pages 367-374, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Sattinger (ed.), 2001. "Income Distribution," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 2018, April.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2002. "Regional Inequality," Chapters,in: The Globalization of the Chinese Economy, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2000. "Income distribution and development," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 791-841 Elsevier.
- Au, Chun-Chung & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2006.
"How migration restrictions limit agglomeration and productivity in China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-388, August.
- Chun-Chung Au & Vernon Henderson, 2002. "How Migration Restrictions Limit Agglomeration and Productivity in China," NBER Working Papers 8707, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, January.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ravi Kanbur & Adam Wagstaff, 2014.
"How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct?,"
338, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2015. "How Useful is Inequality of Opportunity as a Policy Construct?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10508, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "How Useful Is Inequality Of Opportunity As A Policy Construct?," Working Papers 250005, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014. "How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6980, The World Bank.
- Suman Seth and Sabina Alkire, 2014. "Measuring and Decomposing Inequality among the Multidimensionally Poor Using Ordinal Data: A Counting Approach," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp068, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gerasimova, Irina, 2009. "Sources of Income as a Factor of Interregional Social Economic Differentiation of the Russia’s Population (1995-2007)," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 16(4), pages 60-84.
- Jeffrey Zax, 2016. "Provincial valuations of human capital in urban China, inter-regional inequality and the implicit value of a Guangdong hukou," ERSA conference papers ersa16p693, European Regional Science Association.
- Josef Novotný, 2010.
"Regionální ekonomická konvergence, divergence a další aspekty distribuční dynamiky evropských regionů v období 1992-2006
[Regional Convergence, Divergence and Other Aspects of Distributional Dynami," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 166-185.
- Sergio Rey & Richard Smith, 2013. "A spatial decomposition of the Gini coefficient," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 55-70, July.
- Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Ana Urrutia, 2008. "The ‘Extended’ Atkinson family: The class of multiplicatively decomposable inequality measures, and some new graphical procedures for analysts," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(2), pages 211-225, June.
- Ogwang Tomson, 2014. "A Convenient Method of Decomposing the Gini Index by Population Subgroups," Journal of Official Statistics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 30(1), pages 91-105, March.
- Rohit Mutatkar, 2005. "Social group disparities and poverty in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2005-004, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sreenivasan Subramanian, 2011. "Inter-group Disparities in the Distributional Analysis of Human Development: Concepts, Measurement, and Illustrative Applications," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 27-52, March.
- Rohit Mutatkar, 2005. "Social Group Disparities and Poverty in India," Development Economics Working Papers 22342, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2013.
"Geographic decomposition of inequality in health and wealth: evidence from Cambodia,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(3), pages 373-392, September.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth : Evidence from Cambodia," Microeconomics Working Papers 22418, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth: Evidence from Cambodia," Working Papers 24-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Martin Ravallion, 2017. "Global Inequality when Unequal Countries Create Unequal People," NBER Working Papers 24177, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demombynes, Gabriel & Ozler, Berk, 2005. "Crime and local inequality in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 265-292, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie A. Silva, 2013. "Rural Income Inequality in Mozambique: National Dynamics and Local Experiences?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 23-50, Summer.
- Lukas Schrott & Martin Gaechter & Engelbert Theurl, 2015.
"Regional Development in Advanced Countries: A Within-country Application of the Human Development Index for Austria,"
DANUBE: Law and Economics Review,
European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 1, pages 1-23, March.
- Lukas Schrott & Martin Gï¿½chter & Engelbert Theurl, 2012. "Regional development in advanced countries: A within-country application of the Human Development Index for Austria," Working Papers 2012-23, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Marcos Robles & Viviane Azevedo, 2008. "Inequality and geographical targeting of social spending: The case of Ecuador," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1630, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Rohit Mutatkar, 2009. "Social Group Disparities and Poverty in India," Working Papers id:1980, eSocialSciences.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Katayama, Roy, 2009. "Sources of Welfare Disparities across and within Regions of Brazil: Evidence from the 2002-03 Household Budget Survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4803, The World Bank.
- Peter Lindner, 2015. "Factor decomposition of the wealth distribution in the euro area," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 291-322, May.
- Sami Bibi & AbdelRahmen El-Lahga, 2011. "A Unified Framework to Decomposing Inequality with Illustrations to Some Arab Countries," Working Papers 618, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Jan 2011.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Gladys Lopez-Acevedo, 2009. "Latin America - Determinants of Regional Welfare Disparities within Latin American Countries : Country Case Studies," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3051, The World Bank.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2013. "Economic Inequality and Economic Development: Lessons and Implications of Global Experiences for the Arab World," Working Papers 180077, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:127237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .