Employment Outcomes For Low-Income Adults In Rural And Urban Labor Markets
This study analyzes the impact of local labor market conditions on the probability of employment and duration of employment for low-income adults in Oregon. We find that economic conditions (lower employment growth and higher unemployment rates) help to explain the less successful employment outcomes for low-income adults in non-metro areas.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Bartik, .
"The Distributional Effects of Local Labor Demand and Industrial Mix: Estimates Using Individual Panel Data,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
tjb1996, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bartik, Timothy J., 1996. "The Distributional Effects of Local Labor Demand and Industrial Mix: Estimates Using Individual Panel Data," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 150-178, September.
- Hilary Williamson Hoynes, 2000.
"Local Labor Markets And Welfare Spells: Do Demand Conditions Matter?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 351-368, August.
- H. W. Hoynes, . "Local Labor Markets and Welfare Spells: Do Demand Conditions Matter?," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1104-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Hilary Williamson Hoynes, 1996. "Local Labor Markets and Welfare Spells: Do Demand Conditions Matter?," NBER Working Papers 5643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Bound & Harry J. Holzer, 1996.
"Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s,"
NBER Working Papers
5685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bound, John & Holzer, Harry J, 2000. "Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 20-54, January.
- John M. Fitzgerald, 1995. "Local labor markets and local area effects on welfare duration," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 43-67.
- Jill L. Findeis & Leif Jensen, 1998. "Employment Opportunities in Rural Areas: Implications for Poverty in a Changing Policy Environment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1000-1007.
- Richard B. Freeman & William M. Rodgers III, 1999. "Area Economic Conditions and the Labor Market Outcomes of Young Men in the 1990s Expansion," NBER Working Papers 7073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cain, Glen G & Finnie, Ross E, 1990. "The Black-White Difference in Youth Employment: Evidence for Demand-Side Factors," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages S364-95, January.
- Anu Rangarajan, 1996. "Taking the First Steps Helping Welfare Recipients Who Get Jobs Keep Them," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 9437be37bc9f4cfcbeda1b1a6, Mathematica Policy Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea99:21624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.