Employment Opportunities in Rural Areas: Implications for Poverty in a Changing Policy Environment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 80 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Bruce Weber & Leif Jensen & Kathleen Miller & Jane Mosley & Monica Fisher, 2005. "A Critical Review of Rural Poverty Literature: Is There Truly a Rural Effect?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 381-414, October.
- Bradford Mills & Jeffrey R. Alwang & Gautam Hazarika, 2000.
"The Impact of Welfare Reform Across Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Areas: A Nonparametric Analysis,"
JCPR Working Papers
183, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Mills, Bradford F. & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Hazarika, Gautam, 2000. "The Impact Of Welfare Reform Across Metropolitan And Non-Metropolitan Areas: A Non-Parametric Analysis," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21760, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Green, Richard D. & Martin, Philip L. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2003. "Welfare Reform in Agricultural California," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(01), April.
- Bruce Weber & Mark Edwards & Greg Duncan, 2004. "Single Mother Work and Poverty under Welfare Reform: Are Policy Impacts Different in Rural Areas?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 31-51, Winter.
- Helen H. Jensen & Shao-Hsun Keng & Steven B. Garasky, 2000. "Location and the Low Income Experience: Analyses of Program Dynamics in the Iowa Family Investment Program," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 00-wp244, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Keng, S-H & Garasky, Steven, 2000. "Location and the Low Income Experience: Analyses of Program Dynamics in the Iowa Family Investment Program," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10531, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Helen H. Jensen & Shao-Hsun Keng & Steven Garasky, 2000. "Location and the Low Income Experience: Analyses of Program Dynamics in the Iowa Family Investment Program," JCPR Working Papers 194, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Keng, Shao-Hsun & Garasky, Steven, 2000. "Location and the Low Income Experience: Analyses of Program Dynamics in the Iowa Family Investment Program," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1867, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Connolly, Laura S. & Weber, Bruce A., 1999. "Employment Outcomes For Low-Income Adults In Rural And Urban Labor Markets," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21624, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Weber, Bruce A., 2002. "How Much Does Local Job Growth Improve Employment Outcomes of the Rural Working Poor?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 32(2), pages 255-274, Summer/Fa.
- Laird, James J. & Mackie, Peter J., 2014. "Wider economic benefits of transport schemes in remote rural areas," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 92-102.
- Nizalov, Denys & Schmid, A. Allan, 2004. "Regional Poverty In Michigan: Rural And Urban Difference," Staff Papers 11782, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Wang, Qiuyan & Findeis, Jill L., 2004. "Do Women Earn Less In Rural Areas? An Empirical Analysis Of The Female Rural-Urban Wage Differential," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19982, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Marre, Alexander W., 2009. "Rural Out-Migration, Income, and Poverty: Are Those Who Move Truly Better Off?," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49346, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Phimister, Euan & Theodossiou, Ioannis & Upward, Richard, 2004. "Is It Easier To Escape From Low Pay In Urban Areas? Evidence From The Uk," Discussion Papers 31790, University of Aberdeen Business School, Centre for European Labour Market Research (CELMR).
- Phimister, Euan & Vera-Toscano, Esperanza & Weersink, Alfons, 2001. "Female Employment Rates and Labour Market Attachment in Rural Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001153e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Dan Lichter & Leif Jensen, 2000. "Rural America in Transition: Poverty and Welfare at the Turn of the 21st Century," JCPR Working Papers 187, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Vera-Toscano, Esperanza & Phimister, Euan & Weersink, Alfons, 2004. "Short-term employment transitions of the Canadian labour force: rural-urban differences in underemployment," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 129-142, March.
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Weber, Bruce A., 1999. "Employment And Earnings Of The Working Poor In Rural And Urban Labor Markets," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35665, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sheila Mammen & Daniel Lass & Sharon Seiling, 2009. "Labor Force Supply Decisions of Rural Low-Income Mothers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 67-79, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:80:y:1998:i:5:p:1000-1007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed