Local Labor Market Conditions and the Jobless Poor: How Much Does Local Job Growth Help in Rural Areas?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, November.
- James R. Hines & Hilary Hoynes & Alan B. Krueger, 2001.
"Another Look at Whether a Rising Tide Lifts All Boats,"
833, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- James R. Hines Jr. & Hilary W. Hoynes & Alan B. Krueger, 2001. "Another Look at Whether a Rising Tide Lifts All Boats," NBER Working Papers 8412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bradford F. Mills, 2000. "Are Spells of Unemployment Longer in Nonmetropolitan Areas? Nonparametric and Semiparametric Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 697-718.
- Note: For best results & the figures should be printed on a non-Postscript printer. Hoynes & H., "undated".
"The Employment, Earnings, and Income of Less-Skilled Workers over the Business Cycle,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1199-99, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Hilary Hoynes, 1999. "The Employment, Earnings, and Income of Less Skilled Workers Over the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 7188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hilary Williamson Hoynes, 1999. "The Employment, Earnings, and Income of Less Skilled Workers Over the Business Cycle," JCPR Working Papers 85, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- John M. Fitzgerald, 1995. "Local labor markets and local area effects on welfare duration," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 43-67.
- Bound, John & Holzer, Harry J, 2000.
"Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 20-54, January.
- John Bound & Harry J. Holzer, 1996. "Demand Shifts, Population Adjustments, and Labor Market Outcomes during the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 5685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Weber, Bruce A., 2002. "How Much Does Local Job Growth Improve Employment Outcomes of the Rural Working Poor?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 32(2), pages 255-274, Summer/Fa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher S. Fowler & Danielle C. Rhubart & Leif Jensen, 2016. "Reassessing and Revising Commuting Zones for 2010: History, Assessment, and Updates for U.S. ‘Labor-Sheds’ 1990–2010," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(2), pages 263-286, April.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2005.
"Poverty, Policy, and Place: How Poverty and Policies to Alleviate Poverty Are Shaped by Local Characteristics,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 28(4), pages 441-464, October.
- Blank, Rebecca M., 2004. "Poverty, Policy And Place: How Poverty And Policies To Alleviate Poverty Are Shaped By Local Characteristics," Working Papers 18920, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Bosley, Stacie A., 2005. "THE IMPACT OF THE 1990s ECONOMIC BOOM ON LESS-EDUCATED WORKERS IN RURAL AMERICA," Working Papers 18918, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Weber, Bruce A. & Jensen, Leif, 2004. "Poverty And Place: A Critical Review Of Rural Poverty Literature," Working Papers 18913, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Olfert, R. & Berdegué, J. & Escobal, J. & Jara, B. & Modrego, F., 2011. "Places for Place-Based Policies," Working papers 079, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Gundersen, Craig, 2005. "Are The Effects Of The Macroeconomy And Social Policies On Poverty Different In Rural America?," Working Papers 18909, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Bruce Weber & Leif Jensen & Kathleen Miller & Jane Mosley & Monica Fisher, 2005. "A Critical Review of Rural Poverty Literature: Is There Truly a Rural Effect?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 28(4), pages 381-414, October.
- Crandall, Mindy S. & Weber, Bruce A., 2005. "Trickling Down: Does Local Job Growth Reduce Poverty?," Working Papers 18915, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
- Weber, Bruce A., 2007. "Rural Poverty: Why Should States Care and What Can State Policy Do?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 1-5.
- Leigh Simmons & Elizabeth Dolan & Bonnie Braun, 2007. "Rhetoric and Reality of Economic Self-sufficiency Among Rural, Low-Income Mothers: A Longitudinal Study," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 489-505, September.
- Fisher, Monica G. & Foster, Kenneth A., 2004. "Measuring The Effect Of Rural Residence On Individual Employment Outcomes: Is Rural Residence Endogenous?," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19928, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:31060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.