Measuring The Effect Of Rural Residence On Individual Employment Outcomes: Is Rural Residence Endogenous?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Brown & Greg J. Duncan & Frank P. Stafford, 1996. "Data Watch: The Panel Study of Income Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 155-168, Spring.
- Euan Phimister & Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Alfons Weersink, 2002. "Female Participation and Labor Market Attachment in Rural Canada," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-221.
- George A. Akerlof, 1997. "Social Distance and Social Decisions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1005-1028, September.
- Maureen Kilkenny & Sonya Kostova Huffman, 2003.
"Rural/Urban Welfare Program and Labor Force Participation,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 914-927.
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Huffman, Sonya K., 2003. "Rural/Urban Welfare Program and Labor Force Participation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10306, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bradford F. Mills & Gautam Hazarika, 2003. "Do Single Mothers Face Greater Constraints to Workforce Participation in Non-Metropolitan Areas?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 143-161.
- David M. Cutler & Edward L. Glaeser, 1997. "Are Ghettos Good or Bad?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 827-872.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1994. "Estimation of sample selection bias models by the maximum likelihood estimator and Heckman's two-step estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 33-40, May.
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Connolly, Laura S. & Weber, Bruce A., 2003. "Local Labor Market Conditions and the Jobless Poor: How Much Does Local Job Growth Help in Rural Areas?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-16, December.
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan & Maureen Kilkenny, 1996.
"Rural/Urban Residence Location Choice,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
96-wp157, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan & Maureen Kilkenny, 1996. "Rural/Urban Residence Location Choice," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp157, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R. & Sjoquist, David L., 1989. "The impact of job decentralization on the economic welfare of central city blacks," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 110-130, July.
- Evans, William N & Oates, Wallace E & Schwab, Robert M, 1992. "Measuring Peer Group Effects: A Study of Teenage Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 966-991, October.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Weber, Bruce A. & Jensen, Leif, 2004. "Poverty And Place: A Critical Review Of Rural Poverty Literature," Working Papers 18913, Oregon State University, Rural Poverty Research Center (RPRC).
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; Labor and Human Capital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:19928. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.