Modeling Coupon Values For Ready-To-Eat Breakfast Cereals
A theoretical framework is developed to highlight the significant determinants of coupon values. A fixed effects panel data model is fitted with data from the breakfast cereal industry. The explanatory variables include own retail price, brand loyalty, brand market share, rival coupon redemptions, and firm and product type indicators.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Price, Gregory K. & Connor, John M., 2001.
"Modeling Coupon Values for Ready-To-Eat Breakfast Cereals,"
148374, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Gregory K. Price & John M. Connor, 2003. "Modeling coupon values for ready-to-eat breakfast cereals," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 223-243.
- Price, Gregory K. & Connor, John M. & Fulton, Joan R., 1999. "Modeling Coupon Values For Ready-To-Eat Breakfast Cereals," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21553, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gregory K. Price & John M. Connor & Joan R. Fulton, 2001. "Modeling Coupon Values for Ready-To-Eat Breakfast Cereals," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 054, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Ronald B. Larson, 1997. "Using price discrimination theory to plan promotions," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 401-408.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Seo, Seong-Cheon & Nichols, John P., 1997. "On The Estimation Of Advertising Effects For Branded Products: An Application To Spaghetti Sauces," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), December.
- Chakravarthi Narasimhan, 1984. "A Price Discrimination Theory of Coupons," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 128-147.
- Connor, John M., 1997. "Couponing As A Horizontal And Vertical Strategy: Theory And Effects," Working Papers 14344, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Gerstner, Eitan & Hess, James D & Holthausen, Duncan M, 1994. "Price Discrimination through a Distribution Channel: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1437-45, December.
- John M. Connor, 1999.
"Breakfast cereals: The extreme food industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 247-259.
- Scott A. Neslin, 1990. "A Market Response Model for Coupon Promotions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 125-145.
- Gerstner, Eitan & Hess, James D, 1991. "A Theory of Channel Price Promotions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 872-86, September.
- Greg Shaffer & Z. John Zhang, 1995. "Competitive Coupon Targeting," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(4), pages 395-416.
- Stanley, Linda R & Tschirhart, John, 1991. "Hedonic Prices for a Nondurable Good: The Case of Breakfast Cereals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 537-41, August.
- Alfred E. Kahn, 1999.
"Statement on the breakfast cereals industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 223-228.
- Ronald W. Cotterill, 1999. "High cereal prices and the prospects for relief by expansion of private label and antitrust enforcement," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 229-245.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea99:21553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.