Do Taste Buds Trump Labels and Information? A Sensory Test and Economic Experiment on Organic and Local Apples
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:91:y:2009:i:3:p:826-836 is not listed on IDEAS
- John C. Bernard & Daria J. Bernard, 2007. "What Is It About Organic Milk? An Experimental Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 826-836.
- Zhifeng Gao & Ted C. Schroeder, 2009.
"Consumer responses to new food quality information: are some consumers more sensitive than others?,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 339-346, May.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Schroeder, Ted C., 2008. "Consumer Responses to New Food Quality Information: Are Some Consumers More Sensitive than Others," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6168, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Armenak Markosyan & Jill J. McCluskey & Thomas I. Wahl, 2009. "Consumer Response to Information about a Functional Food Product: Apples Enriched with Antioxidants," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(3), pages 325-341, September.
- Kiesel Kristin & Villas-Boas Sofia B, 2007.
"Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-40, April.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2007. "Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation of the USDA Organic Seal," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt9sx3j5hv, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Kiesel, Kristin, 2007. "Got Organic Milk? Consumer Valuations of Milk Labels after the Implementation o f the USDA Organic Seal," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5593m46q, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Umberger, Wendy J. & Boxall, Peter C. & Lacy, R. Curt, 2009.
"Role of credence and health information in determining US consumers’ willingness-to-pay for grass-finished beef,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), December.
- Wendy J. Umberger & Peter C. Boxall & R. Curt Lacy, 2009. "Role of credence and health information in determining US consumers' willingness-to-pay for grass-finished beef," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(4), pages 603-623, October.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Keith H. Coble, 2005. "Risk Perceptions, Risk Preference, and Acceptance of Risky Food," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 393-405.
- Nalley, Lawton Lanier & Hudson, Darren & Parkhurst, Gregory M., 2006. "Consistency of Consumer Valuation Under Different Information Sets: An Experimental Auction with Sweet Potatoes," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 37(03), November.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Saak, Alexander E. & Hanawa-Peterson, Hikaru, 2009. "Product Origin and Reputation for Quality: the Case of Organic Foods," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49503, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lusk,Jayson L. & Shogren,Jason F., 2007. "Experimental Auctions," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671248, March.
- Depositario, Dinah Pura T. & Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Wu, Ximing & Laude, Tiffany P., 2009. "Should students be used as subjects in experimental auctions?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 122-124, February.
- James, Jennifer S. & Rickard, Bradley J. & Rossman, William J., 2009. "Product Differentiation and Market Segmentation in Applesauce: Using a Choice Experiment to Assess the Value of Organic, Local and Nutrition Attributes," Working Papers 48916, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea10:61668. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .