Product Differentiation and Market Segmentation in Applesauce: Using a Choice Experiment to Assess the Value of Organic, Local and Nutrition Attributes
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grebitus, Carola & Peschel, Anne & Hughner, Renee Shaw, "undated". "Drivers of Demand for Specialty Crops: The Example of Arizona-Grown Medjool Dates," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235545, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Martinez, Steve & Hand, Michael & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan & Ralston, Katherine & Smith, Travis & Vogel, Stephen & Clarke, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah & Newman, Constance, 2010.
"Local food systems: concepts, impacts, and issues,"
24313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martinez, Stephen W. & Hand, Michael S. & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan L. & Ralston, Katherine L. & Smith, Travis A. & Vogel, Stephen J. & Clark, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah A. & Newman, , 2010. "Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues," Economic Research Report 96635, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Schroeter, Christiane & Nicholson, Charles F. & Meloy, Margaret G., 2016. "Consumer Valuation of Organic and Conventional Milk: Does Shelf Life Matter?," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 47(3), November.
- Wirth, Ferdinand F. & Stanton, John L. & Wiley, James B., 2011. "The Relative Importance of Search versus Credence Product Attributes: Organic and Locally Grown," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(1), April.
- Shi, Wei & Halstead, John & Huang, Ju-Chin, 2016. "Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Locally Grown Produce: Comparison of New Hampshire and Massachusetts Results," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236109, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Vincent Hoang & Takao Iida & Shigeru Matsumoto & Natsuki Watanabe & Clevo Wilson, 2016. "Consumer’s comparison between local and imported organic products: a hedonic analysis of the Japanese table wine market," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 405-415, December.
- Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa, 2015. "Willingness to Pay for Niche Fresh Produce across the States: Why Are Consumers Willing to Pay More for the Less Favorite?," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196901, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Perla, Joseph M. & Rickard, Bradley J. & Schmit, Todd M., 2014.
"Looking for Locapours: Using Zagat Survey Data to Examine Restaurant Demand for Local Wine,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(01), pages 69-86, April.
- Perla, Joseph M. & Rickard, Bradley J. & Schmit, Todd M., 2014. "Looking for Locapours: Using Zagat Survey Data to Examine Restaurant Demand for Local Wine," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 43(1), April.
- LefÃ¨vre, MÃ©lanie, 2014. "Do Consumers Pay More for What They Value More? The Case of Local Milk-based Dairy Products in Senegal," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 43(1), April.
- Uwamariya, Beatrice, 2014. "Assessment of Consumer Awareness and Preferences for Quality Certification and Origin-Labeling in Fruit Salads in Kigali,Rwanda," Research Theses 198512, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Grebitus, Carola & Printezis, Iryna & Printezis, Antonios, 2017. "Relationship between Consumer Behavior and Success of Urban Agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 189-200.
- Azucena Gracia, 2014. "Consumers’ preferences for a local food product: a real choice experiment," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 111-128, August.
- Costanigro, Marco & Kroll, Stephan & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bunning, Marisa, 2010. "Do Taste Buds Trump Labels and Information? A Sensory Test and Economic Experiment on Organic and Local Apples," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61668, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Linhai Wu & Xiaolin Liu & Dian Zhu & Hongsha Wang & Shuxian Wang & Lingling Xu, 2015. "Simulation of Market Demand for Traceable Pork with Different Levels of Safety Information: A Case Study in Chinese Consumers," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 63(4), pages 513-537, December.
- Dobbs, Leah & Jensen, Kimberly & Leffew, Megan & English, Burton & Lambert, Dayton & Clark, Christopher, 2015. "Willingness to Pay for Tennessee Beef among Tennessee Consumers," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196672, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsApplesauce; Choice experiment; Consumer demand; Fruit and vegetable markets; Locally grown; Multinomial logit model; Organic; Pennsylvania; Willingness to pay; Agribusiness; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Q13;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2009-05-02 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-MKT-2009-05-02 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:48916. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .