Should students be used as subjects in experimental auctions?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Jamal, Mustafa & Kurlander, Lauren & Roucan, Maud & Taulman, Lesley, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of Genetically Modified Food Valuation Studies," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), April.
- Rodney Garratt & Mark Walker & John Wooders, 2012.
"Behavior in second-price auctions by highly experienced eBay buyers and sellers,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 15(1), pages 44-57, March.
- Garratt, Rod & Walker, Mark & Wooders, John, 2004. "Behavior in Second-Price Auctions by Highly Experienced eBay Buyers and Sellers," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt7s72r56p, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Ernst Fehr & John A. List, 2004.
"The Hidden Costs and Returns of Incentives-Trust and Trustworthiness Among CEOs,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 743-771, September.
- E. Fehr & John A. List, "undated". "The Hidden Costs and Returns of Incentives - Trust and Trustworthiness among CEOs," IEW - Working Papers 134, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & John A. List, 2004. "THE HIDDEN COSTS AND RETURNS OF INCENTIVES — TRUST AND TRUSTWORTHINESS AMONG CEOs," Labor and Demography 0409012, EconWPA.
- Ernst Fehr & John List, 2004. "The hidden costs and returns of incentives - trust and trustworthiness among ceos," Artefactual Field Experiments 00044, The Field Experiments Website.
- Cooper David J, 2006. "Are Experienced Managers Experts at Overcoming Coordination Failure?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-52, May.
- Potters, J.J.M. & van Winden, F.A.A.M., 1996.
"The Performance of Professionals and Students in an Experimental Study of Lobbying,"
1996-06, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jan Potters & Frans van Winden, 2000. "The performance of professionals and students in an experimental study of lobbying," Artefactual Field Experiments 00101, The Field Experiments Website.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyriaki Remoundou & Andreas Drichoutis & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated".
"Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?,"
DEOS Working Papers
1026, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Remoundou, Kyriaki & Drichoutis, Andreas & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2010. "Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?," MPRA Paper 25553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyriaki Remoundou & Drichoutis Andreas & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?," DEOS Working Papers 1027, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Andreas Drichoutis & Kyriaki Remoundou & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?," DEOS Working Papers 1025, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Kyriaki Remoundou & Drichoutis Andreas & Phoebe Koundouri, 2010. "Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?," DEOS Working Papers 1028, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Remoundou, Kyriaki & Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2011. "Warm glow in charitable auctions: Are the WEIRDos driving the results?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114795, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bchir, Mohamed Ali, 2014. "From the lab to the field: An experimental investigation of the provision of a club good," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 57-67.
- Teresa Briz & Andreas Drichoutis & Lisa House, 2015.
"Examining projection bias in experimental auctions: the role of hunger and immediate gratification,"
Agricultural and Food Economics,
Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Teresa, Briz & Drichoutis, Andreas & Nayga, Rodolfo & House, Lisa, 2011. "Examining Projection Bias in Experimental Auctions: The Role of Hunger and Immediate Gratification," MPRA Paper 44764, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 0013.
- Hellyer, Nicole Elizabeth & Fraser, Iain & Haddock-Fraser, Janet, 2010. "Food Choice, Nutritional Information And Functional Ingredients: An Experimental Auction Employing Bread," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116424, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hellyer, Nicole Elizabeth & Fraser, Iain & Haddock-Fraser, Janet, 2012. "Food choice, health information and functional ingredients: An experimental auction employing bread," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 232-245.
- Xiaohua, Yu & Binjian, Yan & Zhifeng, Gao, 2014. "Can Willingness-To-Pay Values be Manipulated? Evidences from an Experiment on Organic Food in China," Discussion Papers 169402, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Belot, Michele & Duch, Raymond & Miller, Luis, 2015. "A comprehensive comparison of students and non-students in classic experimental games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 26-33.
- Leopold-Wildburger, Ulrike & Strohhecker, Jürgen, 2017. "Strategy map concepts in a balanced scorecard cockpit improve performanceAuthor-Name: Hu, Bo," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(2), pages 664-676.
- Costanigro, Marco & Kroll, Stephan & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bunning, Marisa, 2010. "Do Taste Buds Trump Labels and Information? A Sensory Test and Economic Experiment on Organic and Local Apples," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61668, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dinah Pura T. Depositario & Rodolfo M. Nayga Jr & Yu Yvette Zhang & Robert Dominick E. Mariano, 2014. "Revisiting Cash Endowment and House Money Effects in an Experimental Auction of a Novel Agri-food Product in the Philippines," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 201-215, June.
- Andreas C. Drichoutis & Panagiotis Lazaridis & Rodolfo M. Nayga, 2009. "Would consumers value food-away-from-home products with nutritional labels?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 550-575.
- Strohhecker, Jürgen & Größler, Andreas, 2013. "Do personal traits influence inventory management performance?—The case of intelligence, personality, interest and knowledge," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 37-50.
- Dennis Barber, 2015. "An experimental analysis of risk and entrepreneurial attitudes of university students in the USA and Brazil," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 370-389, December.
More about this item
KeywordsLab experiment Experimental auction Student subjects Non-student subjects Willingness to pay;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:102:y:2009:i:2:p:122-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.