Estimating the Value of Retail Beef Product Brands and Other Attributes
This paper finds wide variation in brand premiums and discounts across types of branded beef cuts, ranging from -98 cents for a brand of ground beef targeting cost-conscious consumers to $4.15 for a brand of steak produced by a family-operated beef alliance. Other factors affecting beef cut prices include package size, price promotions, store format, ground beef leanness, type of steak cut, and geographic region where the beef was purchased.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wayne D. Purcell & William T. Hudson, 2003. "Risk Sharing and Compensation Guides for Managers and Members of Vertical Beef Alliances," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 44-65.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Bard, Sharon K., 1993. "Beef Quality: Will Consumers Pay For Less Fat?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Sergio H. Lence & Andrea Stoppa, 2003.
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
02-bp39, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H., 2002. "Farmer-Owned Brands?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12707, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H. & Stoppa, Andrea, 2004. "Farmer-Owned Brands?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11285, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Parcell, Joseph L. & Schroeder, T.C., 2007.
"Hedonic Retail Beef and Pork Product Prices,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 29-46, April.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H., 2002. "A New Brand of Agriculture: Farmer-Owned Brands Reward Innovation," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 17(3).
- Brester, Gary W. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Mintert, James R., 1997. "Challenges to the Beef Industry," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 12(4).
- Brester, Gary W. & Lhermite, Pascale & Goodwin, Barry K. & Hunt, Melvin C., 1993. "Quantifying The Effects Of New Product Development: The Case Of Low-Fat Ground Beef," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea08:6455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.