Determinants for Use of Certified Maize Seed and the Relative Importance of Transaction Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anonymous, 2001. "Cimmyt 1999-2000 World Maize Facts And Trends: Meeting World Maize Needs: Technological Opportunities And Priorities For The Public Sector," Facts and Trends/Overview and Outlook 23727, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Kaliba, Aloyce R. & Verkuijl, Hugo & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2000. "Factors Affecting Adoption Of Improved Maize Seeds And Use Of Inorganic Fertilizer For Maize Production In The Intermediate And Lowland Zones Of Tanzania," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Yamano, Takashi & Nyoro, James K. & Awuor, Tom, 2000.
"Do Farmers Really Benefit from High Food Prices? Balancing Rural Interests in Kenya's Maize Pricing and Marketing Policy,"
Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs
54641, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Yamano, Takashi & Nyoro, James K. & Awuor, Tom, 2001. "Do Farmers Really Benefit from High Food Prices? Balancing Rural Interest in Kenya's Maize Pricing and Marketing Policy," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55149, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, Thom S. & Yamano, Takashi & Nyoro, James K. & Awour, Tom, 2001. "Do Farmers Really Benefit from High Food Prices? Balancing Rural Interests in Kenya's Maize Pricing and Marketing Policy," Working Papers 202678, Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development.
- Alex Winter-Nelson & Anna Temu, 2005. "Impacts of prices and transactions costs on input usage in a liberalizing economy: evidence from Tanzanian coffee growers," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 243-253, November.
- Smale, Melinda & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Maize in Eastern and Southern Africa: 'seeds' of success in retrospect," EPTD discussion papers 97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Winter-Nelson, Alex & Temu, Anna, 2002. "Institutional Adjustment and Transaction Costs: Product and Inputs Markets in the Tanzanian Coffee System," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 561-574, April.
- Muhammad, Lutta & Njoroge, Kiarie & Bett, Charles & Mwangi, Wilfred & Verkuijl, Hugo & De Groote, Hugo, 2003. "The Seed Industry for Dryland Crops in Eastern Kenya," Miscellaneous Reports 56108, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Doss, Cheryl R. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Verkuijl, Hugo & De Groote, Hugo, 2003. "Adoption Of Maize And Wheat Technologies In Eastern Africa: A Synthesis Of The Findings Of 22 Case Studies," Economics Working Papers 46522, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Kaliba, Aloyce R.M. & Verkuijl, Hugo & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2000. "Factors Affecting Adoption of Improved Maize Seeds and Use of Inorganic Fertilizer for Maize Production in the Intermediate and Lowland Zones of Tanzania," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 35-47, April.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shikuku, Kelvin M. & Largerkvist, Carl Johan & Okello, Julius J. & Karanja, Nancy & Ackello-Ogutu, Chris, 2013. "Assessment of the influence of attitude and benefit-risk perceptions on yield variability among smallholder peri-urban commercial kale farmers in Wangige, Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161283, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Gitonga, Zachary M. & De Groote, Hugo, 2016. "Role of hybrid maize adoption on food security in Kenya: an application of two-step generalized method of moments (gmm2s)," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246315, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-08-15 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-08-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae10:96423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.