The economics of immigration into a Nordic welfare state - and a comparison to an immigration state and a guest worker state
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 2002. "The cross-country pattern of corruption: economics, culture and the seesaw dynamics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 215-240, June.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2004.
"EU Enlargement, Migration and the New Constitution,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 50(4), pages 685-707.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2004. "EU Enlargement, Migration and the New Constitution," CESifo Working Paper Series 1367, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2004. "EU Enlargement, Migration and the New Constitution," Munich Reprints in Economics 19609, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Paldam, M. & Svendsen, G.T., 2000.
"Missing Social Capital and the Transition in Eastern Europe,"
00-5, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Paldam, Martin & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2000. "Missing social capital and the transition in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 00-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Borjas, George J, 1999. "Immigration and Welfare Magnets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 607-637, October.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2002.
"What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3559, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Hatton & Jeffery Williamson, 2002. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 458, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2003. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "What Fundamentals Drive World Migration?," NBER Working Papers 9159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nannestad, Peter, 2004. "Immigration as a challenge to the Danish welfare state?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 755-767, September.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
- Kjetil Storesletten, 2003.
"Fiscal Implications of Immigration-A Net Present Value Calculation,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(3), pages 487-506, September.
- Storesletten, Kjetil, 2001. "Fiscal Implications of Immigration - A Net Present Value Calculation -," Seminar Papers 701, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Blume, Kraen & Verner, Mette, 2007. "Welfare dependency among Danish immigrants," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 453-471, June.
- Jorgen Hansen & Magnus Lofstrom, 2003.
"Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out of Welfare?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(1).
- Hansen, Jörgen & Lofstrom, Magnus, 1999. "Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out-of Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 100, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- JÃ¶rgen Hansen & Magnus Lofstrom, 2010. "Immigrant Assimilation and Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into or Out-of Welfare," Working Papers id:2647, eSocialSciences.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Löfström, Magnus, 2000. "Immigrant Assimilation And Welfare Participation: Do Immigrants Assimilate Into Or Out Of Welfare?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2430, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krieger, Tim, 2005. "Renten und Zuwanderung: Ein Überblick über neue Ergebnisse der Forschung," Arbeitspapiere der Nordakademie 2005-04, Nordakademie - Hochschule der Wirtschaft.
- Pawel Kaczmarczyk, 2013.
"Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper,"
EUI-RSCAS Working Papers
p0356, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Paweł Kaczmarczyk, 2013. "Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/79, European University Institute.
- George S. Naufal & Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2010. "Remitters in Dubai," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 146(IV), pages 769-780, December.
- Juan A. Lacomba & Francisco Lagos, 2010.
"Immigration and Pension Benefits in the Host Country,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(306), pages 283-295, April.
- Juan A. Lacomba & Francisco M. Lagos, 2004. "Immigration and Pension Benefits in the Host-country," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/77, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Tim Krieger & Steffen Minter, 2007. "Immigration amnesties in the southern EU member states - a challenge for the entire EU?," Working Papers CIE 6, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Kaczmarczyk, Pawel, 2015. "Burden or Relief? Fiscal Impacts of Recent Ukrainian Migration to Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 8779, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pokrovsky, D. & Shapoval, A., 2015. "Distribution of Entrepreneurial Skills and Migration: Employment Structure, Income Inequality, and Welfare," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 36-62.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; welfare state;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J70 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-05-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2004-05-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-REG-2004-05-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2004-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .