Meeting the Mandate for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use, Food, and Fuel Prices
In: The Intended and Unintended Effects of U.S. Agricultural and Biotechnology Policies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Xiaoguang Chen & Haixiao Huang & Madhu Khanna & Hayri Önal, 2011. "Meeting the Mandate for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use, Food and Fuel Prices," NBER Working Papers 16697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayri Önal & Bruce A. McCarl, 1991. "Exact Aggregation in Mathematical Programming Sector Models," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 319-334, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Xiaoguang & Khanna, Madhu, 2014. "Indirect Land Use Effects of Corn Ethanol in the U.S: Implications for the Conservation Reserve Program," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170284, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Huang, Haixiao & Khanna, Madhu & Önal, Hayri & Chen, Xiaoguang, 2013.
"Stacking low carbon policies on the renewable fuels standard: Economic and greenhouse gas implications,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 5-15.
- Huang, Haixiao & Khanna, Madhu & Onal, Hayri & Chen, Xiaoguang, 2012. "Stacking Low Carbon Policies on the Renewable Fuels Standard: Economic and Greenhouse Gas Implications," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124637, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Karel Janda & David Zilberman, 2013.
"Non-linear price transmission between biofuels, fuels and food commodities,"
Working Papers IES
2013/16, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2013.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Karel Janda & David Zilberman, 2013. "Non-linear Price Transmission between Biofuels, Fuels and Food Commodities," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp481, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Chiripanhura, Blessing, 2013.
"The impacts of the food, fuel and financial crises on households in Nigeria. A retrospective approach for research enquiry,"
47348, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Chiripanhura, Blessing M., 2013. "The Impacts of the Food, fuel and Financial Crises on Households in Nigeria: A Retrospective Approach for Research Enquiry," WIDER Working Paper Series 058, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wang, Xin & Lim, Michael K. & Ouyang, Yanfeng, 2015. "Infrastructure deployment under uncertainties and competition: The biofuel industry case," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-15.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Cui, Jingbo & Lapan, Harvey E., 0.
"Economics of Biofuels: An Overview of Policies, Impacts and Prospects,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal,
Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 3.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Cui, Jingbo & Lapan, Harvey, 2012. "Economics of Biofuels: An Overview of Policies, Impacts and Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35548, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Karel Janda & David Zilberman, 2012. "Mutual Responsiveness of Biofuels, Fuels and Food Prices," CAMA Working Papers 2012-38, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Nuñez, Hector M., 2016. "Biofuel Potential in Mexico: Land Use, Economic and Environmental Effects," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236067, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Huang, Yongxi & Chen, Yihsu, 2014. "Analysis of an imperfectly competitive cellulosic biofuel supply chain," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1-14.
- Stephen P. Holland & Jonathan E. Hughes & Christopher R. Knittel & Nathan C. Parker, 2013. "Unintended Consequences of Transportation Carbon Policies: Land-Use, Emissions, and Innovation," NBER Working Papers 19636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- JunJie Wu & Christian Langpap, 2015. "The Price and Welfare Effects of Biofuel Mandates and Subsidies," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 62(1), pages 35-57, September.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:235-245 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felippe Cauê Serigati & Paulo Furquim De Azevedo, 2016. "How To Indirectly Measure Market Transaction Costs," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 192, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Okwo, Adaora & Thomas, Valerie M., 2014. "Biomass feedstock contracts: Role of land quality and yield variability in near term feasibility," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 67-80.
- Wang, Weiwei & Khanna, Madhu & Dwivedi, Puneet, 2013. "Optimal Mix of Feedstock for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use and GHG Emissions," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150736, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gal Hochman & Scott Kaplan & Deepak Rajagopal & David Zilberman, 2012. "Biofuel and Food-Commodity Prices," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 1-10, September.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:148-160 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:12112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .