Mathematical Programming For Resource Policy Appraisal Under Multiple Objectives
Mathematical programming is one technique that can be used for resource policy appraisal. Multiple objectives are usually involved in resource policy considerations. This paper discusses issues regarding the use of mathematical programming techniques for the multiobjective resource policy arena. Theoretical models are introduced with a separation called for between producer response models and policy maker models due to a disparity of objectives. The paper draws on the literature citing cases where producer level models have been utilized to simulate the policy outcome implications of alternative policies.
|Date of creation:||1992|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.wisc.edu/epat/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bard, Jonathan F., 1985. "Geometric and algorithmic developments for a hierarchical planning problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 372-383, March.
- R. M. Adam & J. M. Callaway & B. A. McCarl, 1986. "Pollution, Agriculture and Social Welfare: The Case of Acid Deposition," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 34(1), pages 3-19, 03.
- Beach, Robert H. & Thomson, Allison M. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2010. "Climate Change Impacts On Us Agriculture," Proceedings Issues, 2010: Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security, June 2010, Stuttgart- Hohenheim, Germany 91393, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- McCarl, Bruce A. & Parandvash, Gholam Hossein, 1988. "Irrigation Development Versus Hydroelectric Generation: Can Interruptible Irrigation Play A Role?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- Hayri Önal & Bruce A. McCarl, 1991. "Exact Aggregation in Mathematical Programming Sector Models," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 319-334, 07.
- Spreen, Thomas H., 2006. "Price Endogenous Mathematical Programming Models and Trade Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(02), August.
- Adams, Richard M. & McCarl, Bruce A. & Dudek, Daniel J. & Glyer, J. David, 1988. "Implications Of Global Climate Change For Western Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- Dillon, Carl R. & Mjelde, James W. & McCarl, Bruce A., 1989. "Biophysical Simulation In Support Of Crop Production Decisions: A Case Study In The Blacklands Region Of Texas," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Brandao, Elizabeth Santos & McCarl, Bruce A. & Schuh, G. Edward, 1984. "Predicting The Impact Of New Cropping Practices Upon Subsistence Farming: A Farm Level Analysis In Brazil," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:epatwp:11888. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.