Decadal Climate Variability: Economic Implications In Agriculture And Water In The Missouri River Basin
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayri Önal & Bruce A. McCarl, 1991. "Exact Aggregation in Mathematical Programming Sector Models," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 319-334, July.
- Emilio Cerdá Tena & Sonia Quiroga Gómez, 2011. "Economic value of weather forecasting: the role of risk aversion," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 19(1), pages 130-149, July.
- W. Botzen & J. Bergh & L. Bouwer, 2010. "Climate change and increased risk for the insurance sector: a global perspective and an assessment for the Netherlands," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 52(3), pages 577-598, March.
- Richard M. Adams & Kelly J. Bryant & Bruce A. Mccarl & David M. Legler & James O'Brien & Andrew Solow & Rodney Weiher, 1995. "Value Of Improved Long‐Range Weather Information," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(3), pages 10-19, July.
- Daniel Fajardo & Bruce A. McCarl & Robert L. Thompson, 1981. "A Multicommodity Analysis of Trade Policy Effects: The Case of Nicaraguan Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(1), pages 23-31.
- David R. Bell & Ronald C. Griffin, 2011. "Urban Water Demand with Periodic Error Correction," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(3), pages 528-544.
- Chi‐Chung Chen & Ching‐Cheng Chang, 2005. "The impact of weather on crop yield distribution in Taiwan: some new evidence from panel data models and implications for crop insurance," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 503-511, November.
- Hansen, James W., 2002. "Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 309-330, December.
- Hill, Harvey S.J. & Mjelde, James W., 2002. "Challenges and Opportunities Provided by Seasonal Climate Forecasts: A Literature Review," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 603-632, December.
- Hill, Harvey S.J. & Mjelde, James W., 2002. "Challenges And Opportunities Provided By Seasonal Climate Forecasts: A Literature Review," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1-30, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Andres Fernandez & Pei Huang & Bruce McCarl & Vikram Mehta, 2016.
"Value of decadal climate variability information for agriculture in the Missouri River basin,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 517-533, December.
- Fernandez, Mario & Huang, Pei & McCarl, Bruce & Mehta, Vikram, 2015. "Value of Decadal Climate Variability Information for Agriculture in the Missouri River Basin," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205123, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Huang, Pei & McCarl, Bruce A., 2014. "Estimating Decadal Climate Variability Effects on Crop Yields: A Bayesian Hierarchical Approach," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169828, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ashley R. Coles & Christopher A. Scott, 2009. "Vulnerability and adaptation to climate change and variability in semi‐arid rural southeastern Arizona, USA," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 297-309, November.
- Rebecca Darbyshire & Jason Crean & Michael Cashen & Muhuddin Rajin Anwar & Kim M Broadfoot & Marja Simpson & David H Cobon & Christa Pudmenzky & Louis Kouadio & Shreevatsa Kodur, 2020. "Insights into the value of seasonal climate forecasts to agriculture," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(4), pages 1034-1058, October.
- Gonzales, Kathrina G. & Predo, Canesio D. & de Guzman, Rosalina G. & Reyes, Celia M., 2010. "Assessing the Value of Seasonal Climate Forecasts on Farm-level Corn Production through Simulation Modeling," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2009 Vol. XXXVI No. 1, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kung, Chih-Chun & Cao, Xiaoyong & Choi, Yongrok & Kung, Shan-Shan, 2019. "A stochastic analysis of cropland utilization and resource allocation under climate change," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Schmid, Erwin & Sinabell, Franz, 2005. "Using the Positive Mathematical Programming Method to Calibrate Linear Programming Models," Discussion Papers DP-10-2005, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development.
- Kung, Chih-Chun, 2019. "A stochastic evaluation of economic and environmental effects of Taiwan's biofuel development under climate change," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 1051-1064.
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1992. "Mathematical Programming For Resource Policy Appraisal Under Multiple Objectives," Working Papers 11888, Environmental and Natural Resources Policy Training Project.
- Rubas, Debra J. & Mjelde, James W. & Love, H. Alan, 2003. "Wheat Trade And The Adoption Of Enso-Based Forecasts: Different Scenarios," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22160, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kung, Chih-Chun & Zhang, Ning & Choi, Yongrok & Xiong, Kai & Yu, Jiangli, 2019. "Effectiveness of crop residuals in ethanol and pyrolysis-based electricity production: A stochastic analysis under uncertain climate impacts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 267-276.
- World Bank, 2010. "Improving Water Management in Rainfed Agriculture : Issues and Options in Water-Constrained Production Systems," World Bank Publications - Reports 13028, The World Bank Group.
- Attwood, J. D. & McCarl, B. & Chen, Chi-Chung & Eddleman, B. R. & Nayda, B. & Srinivasan, R., 2000. "Assessing regional impacts of change: linking economic and environmental models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 147-159, March.
- Choi, Hyung Sik & Schneider, Uwe A. & Rasche, Livia & Cui, Junbo & Schmid, Erwin & Held, Hermann, 2015. "Potential effects of perfect seasonal climate forecasting on agricultural markets, welfare and land use: A case study of Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 177-189.
- Tannura, Michael A. & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 2008. "Weather, Technology, and Corn and Soybean Yields in the U.S. Corn Belt," Marketing and Outlook Research Reports 37501, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Kooten, G. Cornelis van, 2013.
"Modeling Forest Trade in Logs and Lumber: Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis,"
149182, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2013. "Modeling Forest Trade in Logs and Lumber: Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," Working Papers 2013-04, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Mario Cunha, 2010. "Modelling the Cyclical Behaviour of Wine Production in the Douro Region Using a Time-Varying Parameters Approach," Working Papers 2010.1, International Network for Economic Research - INFER.
- Jesse B. Tack & David Ubilava, 2015.
"Climate and agricultural risk: measuring the effect of ENSO on U.S. crop insurance,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2013. "El Ni˜no Southern Oscillation Impacts on Crop Insurance," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151429, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon, 2015.
"Hurricane watch: Battening down the effects of the storm on local crop production,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 234-240.
- Spencer, Nekeisha & Polachek, Solomon, 2015. "Hurricane Watch: Battening Down the Effects of the Storm on Local Crop Production," IZA Discussion Papers 9439, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Franz Sinabell & Martin Schönhart & Erwin Schmid, 2015. "Austrian Agriculture 2010-2050. Quantitative Effects of Climate Change Mitigation Measures – An Analysis of the Scenarios WEM, WAM and a Sensitivity Analysis of the Scenario WEM," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58400, December.
- Edyta Kiedrzyńska & Marcin Kiedrzyński & Maciej Zalewski, 2015. "Sustainable floodplain management for flood prevention and water quality improvement," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(2), pages 955-977, March.
- Samira Shayanmehr & Shida Rastegari Henneberry & Mahmood Sabouhi Sabouni & Naser Shahnoushi Foroushani, 2020. "Climate Change and Sustainability of Crop Yield in Dry Regions Food Insecurity," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(23), pages 1-24, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis; Environmental Economics and Policy; Farm Management; Land Economics/Use;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-12-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-12-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2013-12-20 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:nzar13:160199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nzareea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nzareea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.