A model for sustainable land use in biofuel production: An application to the state of Alabama
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Xiaoguang & Huang, Haixiao & Khanna, Madhu & Onal, Hayri, 2010. "Meeting the Mandate for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use and Food and Fuel Prices," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61629, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shumway, C. Richard, 1986. "Supply Relationships In The South - What Have We Learned?," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Fernández-Val, Iván & Kowalski, Amanda E., 2015.
"Quantile regression with censoring and endogeneity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 201-221.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Amanda Kowalski, 2011. "Quantile Regression with Censoring and Endogeneity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1797, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Amanda Kowalski, 2011. "Quantile regression with censoring and endogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP20/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Iván Fernández-Val & Amanda E. Kowalski, 2011. "Quantile Regression with Censoring and Endogeneity," NBER Working Papers 16997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val & Amanda Kowalski, 2011. "Quantile Regression with Censoring and Endogeneity," Papers 1104.4580, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Hayri Önal & Bruce A. McCarl, 1991. "Exact Aggregation in Mathematical Programming Sector Models," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 319-334, July.
- Dicks, Michael R. & Campiche, Jody L. & Torre Ugarte, Daniel de la & Hellwinckel, Chad M. & Bryant, Henry L. & Richardson, James W., 2009. "Land Use Implications of Expanding Biofuel Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(02), August.
- Thomas Heckelei & Hendrik Wolff, 2003. "Estimation of constrained optimisation models for agricultural supply analysis based on generalised maximum entropy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(1), pages 27-50, March.
- Khanna, Madhu, 2008. "Cellulosic Biofuels: Are They Economically Viable and Environmentally Sustainable?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(3).
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Boehmel, Constanze & Lewandowski, Iris & Claupein, Wilhelm, 2008. "Comparing annual and perennial energy cropping systems with different management intensities," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 224-236, March.
- Birur, Dileep K. & Beach, Robert H. & Hertel, Thomas W. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2010. "Global Implications of U.S. Biofuels Policies in an Integrated Partial and General Equilibrium Framework," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61812, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shapouri, Hosein & Duffield, James A. & Wang, Michael Q., 2002. "The Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol: An Update," Agricultural Economics Reports 34075, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Paris,Quirino, 2011. "Economic Foundations of Symmetric Programming," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521123020, April.
- Novak, James L. & Nadolnyak, Denis A. & McNider, Richard, 2008. "Analysis of Irrigated Corn Production Adoption Decisions in Alabama," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6756, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Quirino Paris, 2001. "Symmetric Positive Equilibrium Problem: A Framework for Rationalizing Economic Behavior with Limited Information," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 1049-1061.
- Baker, Justin Scott & McCarl, Bruce A. & Murray, Brian C. & Rose, Steven K. & Alig, Ralph J. & Adams, Darius M. & Latta, Gregory S. & Beach, Robert H. & Daigneault, Adam J., 2010. "Net Farm Income and Land Use under a U.S. Greenhouse Gas Cap and Trade," Policy Issues 93683, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Quirino Paris & Richard E. Howitt, 1998. "An Analysis of Ill-Posed Production Problems Using Maximum Entropy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 124-138.
- Paris,Quirino, 2011. "Economic Foundations of Symmetric Programming," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521194723, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Long, Huiling & Li, Xiaobing & Wang, Hong & Jia, Jingdun, 2013. "Biomass resources and their bioenergy potential estimation: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 344-352.
- Dohnal, Mirko, 2016. "Complex biofuels related scenarios generated by qualitative reasoning under severe information shortages: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 676-684.
- Zhang, Dengjun & Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle, 2014. "Ethanol and trade: An analysis of price transmission in the US market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-8.
More about this item
KeywordsBioenergy; Econometric mathematical programming; Land-use change; Sustainable biofuels;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:37:y:2013:i:c:p:29-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.