The impacts of the food, fuel and financial crises on households in Nigeria: A retrospective approach for research enquiry
This paper examines the impacts of the financial, food and fuel crises on the livelihoods of low-income households Nigeria. It uses primary household level data from Nigeria to analyse the impacts of induced price variability on household welfare. Our res
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xiaoguang Chen & Haixiao Huang & Madhu Khanna & Hayri Önal, 2011.
"Meeting the Mandate for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use, Food, and Fuel Prices,"
in: The Intended and Unintended Effects of U.S. Agricultural and Biotechnology Policies, pages 223-267
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xiaoguang Chen & Haixiao Huang & Madhu Khanna & Hayri Önal, 2011. "Meeting the Mandate for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use, Food and Fuel Prices," NBER Working Papers 16697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olomola, Aderibigbe S., 2013. "The political economy of food price policy in Nigeria," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sylvie Moulin & Michael Kremer & Paul Glewwe, 2009.
"Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 112-35, January.
- Paul Glewwe & Michael Kremer & Sylvie Moulin, 2007. "Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 13300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibson, John, 2002.
" Why Does the Engel Method Work? Food Demand, Economies of Size and Household Survey Methods,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(4), pages 341-59, September.
- John Gibson, 2002. "Why Does the Engel Method Work? Food Demand, Economies of Size and Household Survey Methods," Working Papers in Economics 02/02, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- John Gibson & Bonggeun Kim, 2009.
"Non-Classical Measurement Error in Long-Term Retrospective Recall Surveys,"
CIRJE-F-658, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- John Gibson & Bonggeun Kim, 2010. "Non-Classical Measurement Error in Long-Term Retrospective Recall Surveys," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(5), pages 687-695, October.
- George Psacharopoulos, 1997. "Child labor versus educational attainment Some evidence from Latin America," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 377-386.
- James Crotty, 2009.
"Structural causes of the global financial crisis: a critical assessment of the 'new financial architecture',"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 563-580, July.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," Working Papers wp180, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- James Crotty, 2008. "Structural Causes of the Global Financial Crisis: A Critical Assessment of the ‘New Financial Architecture’," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2008-14, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- NAKATA Hiroyuki & SAWADA Yasuyuki & TANAKA Mari, 2010. "Asking Retrospective Questions in Household Surveys: Evidence from Vietnam," Discussion papers 10008, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Chen, Sheng-Tung & Kuo, Hsiao-I & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2010. "Modeling the relationship between the oil price and global food prices," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2517-2525, August.
- Baffes, John, 2007.
"Oil spills on other commodities,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 126-134, September.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1999.
"Lessons from the Asian crisis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 709-723, August.
- Erich Battistin & Raffaele Miniaci & Guglielmo Weber, 2003.
"What Do We Learn from Recall Consumption Data?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(2).
- Erich Battistin & Raffale Miniaci & Guglielmo Weber, 2000. "What do we learn from recall consumption data?," IFS Working Papers W00/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Erich Battistin & Raffaele Miniaci & Guglielmo Weber, 2003. "What do we learn from recall consumption data?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 466, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Barnard, Jerald R., 1983. "Gasohol/Ethanol: A Review of National and Regional Policy and Feasibility Issues," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 13(2).
- Benjamin Senauer, 2008. "Food Market Effects of a Global Resource Shift Toward Bioenergy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1226-1232.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.