Healthy Development : The World Bank Strategy for Health, Nutrition, and Population Results
This paper updates the 1997 World Bank Health, Nutrition, and Population Strategy to enhance Bank capacity so that it continues to contribute to this virtuous circle in light of the momentous changes of the past decade in the architecture of development assistance for health (DAH) and of persisting HNP challenges worldwide. This 2007 HNP Strategy outlines the Bank vision for improving its own capacity to respond globally and with a country focus to the urgent issues posed by these changes and challenges.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 6843 and published in 2007.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Pascaline Dupas & Samuel Sinei, 2006. "Education and hiv/aids prevention: Evidence from a randomized evaluation in western kenya," Framed Field Experiments 00143, The Field Experiments Website.
- Fogel, Robert W, 1994.
"Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 369-95, June.
- Fogel, Robert W., 1993. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1994. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 4638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo Gottret & George Schieber, 2006. "Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7094, December.
- Eggleston, Karen & Ling, Li & Qingyue, Meng & Lindelow, Magnus & Wagstaff, Adam, 2006.
"Health Service Delivery in China: A Literature Review,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3978, The World Bank.
- Karen Eggleston & Li Ling & Meng Qingyue & Magnus Lindelow & Adam Wagstaff, 2008. "Health service delivery in China: a literature review," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 149-165.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2008.
"The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(3), pages 511-552.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff-Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2005. "The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya," NBER Working Papers 11871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Markus Goldstein & Joshua Graff Zivin, 2005. "The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya," Working Papers id:300, eSocialSciences.
- Peter Glick & David E. Sahn, 1998. "Health and productivity in a heterogeneous urban labour market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 203-216, February.
- Gruber, J. & Hanratty, M., 1994.
"The Labor Market Efects of Introducing National Health Insurance: Evidence from Canada,"
94-05, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Hanratty, Maria, 1995. "The Labor-Market Effects of Introducing National Health Insurance: Evidence from Canada," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 163-73, April.
- Jonathan Gruber & Maria Hanratty, 1993. "The Labor Market Effects of Introducing National Health Insurance: Evidence from Canada," NBER Working Papers 4589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Croppenstedt, Andre & Muller, Christophe, 2000. "The Impact of Farmers' Health and Nutritional Status on Their Productivity and Efficiency: Evidence from Ethiopia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 475-502, April.
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
- Stephen Moses & James F. Blanchard & Han Kang & Faran Emmanuel & Sushena Reza Paul & Marissa L. Becker & David Wilson & Mariam Claeson, 2006. "AIDS in South Asia : Understanding and Responding to a Heterogeneous Epidemic," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7113, December.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
NBER Working Papers
6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kara Hanson & M. Kent Ranson & Valeria Oliveira-Cruz & Anne Mills, 2003. "Expanding access to priority health interventions: a framework for understanding the constraints to scaling-up," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 1-14.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Yau, Jeffrey, 2006. "Learning through monitoring : lessons from a large-scale nutrition program in Madagascar," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4058, The World Bank.
- Maureen Lewis, 2005. "Addressing the Challenge of HIV/AIDS: Macroeconomic, Fiscal and Institutional Issues," Working Papers 58, Center for Global Development.
- Alexander S. Preker & John C. Langenbrunner, 2005. "Spending Wisely : Buying Health Services for the Poor," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7449, December.
- Duflo, Esther & Dupas, Pascaline & Kremer, Michael & Sinei, Samuel, 2006. "Education and HIV/AIDS prevention : evidence from a randomized evaluation in Western Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4024, The World Bank.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Antoine Heuty, 2006. "Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: What’s wrong with existing analytical models?," Working Papers 30, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- World Bank, 2006. "Repositioning Nutrition as Central to Development : A Strategy for Large Scale Action," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7409, December.
- Dean T. Jamison & Joel G. Breman & Anthony R. Measham & George Alleyne & Mariam Claeson & David B. Evans & Prabhat Jha & Ann Mills & Philip Musgrove, 2006. "Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, Second Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7242, December.
- Valeria Oliveira-Cruz & Kara Hanson & Anne Mills, 2003. "Approaches to overcoming constraints to effective health service delivery: a review of the evidence," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 41-65.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:6843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.