Investing in Early Childhood Development : Review of the World Bank’s Recent Experience
This study provides an overview of Bank investments in Early Childhood Development (ECD) from 2000-2013 within the Education, Health, Nutrition and Population, and Social Protection and Labor practices. The study summarizes trends in operational and analytical investments in early childhood, including lending and trust funded operations at the country, regional, and global levels. Findings are presented on the overall level of finance during this thirteen-year period, the number of ECD investments, and regional and sectoral trends. A series of case studies are presented to highlight lessons learned to inform future Bank support to ECD and to promote better planning across sectors and regions. Trends in analytical and advisory activities are also discussed, including economic sector work, technical assistance, partnership activities, impact evaluations, programmatic approaches, and knowledge products. Finally, the study discusses recent new approaches to support ECD within the World Bank and in client countries. The study benefited from support from the Children Investment Fund Foundation.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 20715 and published in 2015.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sophie Naudeau & Naoko Kataoka & Alexandria Valerio & Michelle J. Neuman & Leslie Kennedy Elder, 2011. "Investing in Young Children : An Early Childhood Development Guide for Policy Dialogue and Project Preparation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2525, June.
- World Bank, 2007. "Healthy Development : The World Bank Strategy for Health, Nutrition, and Population Results," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6843, June.
- repec:idb:brikps:60298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emiliana Vegas & Lucrecia Santibáñez, 2010.
"The Promise of Early Childhood Development in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 60298, February.
- Emiliana Vegas & Lucrecia Santibáñez, 2010. "The Promise of Early Childhood Development in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9385, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:20715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.