Living with Macro-financial Linkages: Policy Perspectives and Challenges for SEACEN Countries
The deepening financial liberalisation and the tightening of financial integration globally have made it more challenging to manage macroeconomic policies in general, and to contain the spread of financial turbulence in particular. The financial sector has been shown to be inherently pro-cyclical and capable of amplifying macroeconomic volatilities, making management of monetary policy increasingly complex. In these ever changing financial landscapes, the success of monetary policy and macroeconomic policies, in general, hinges on the ability of policy makers to design policies that explicitly take into account macro-financial channels, and to interpret more cautiously the potential risk in financial system disruptions that can rapidly destabilise macroeconomic stability. The objective of this study is to take stock and examine the impact of linkages between macroeconomic development and financial market condition with a special focus on the SEACEN economies.
|This book is provided by South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre in its series Staff Papers with number sp79 and published in 2011.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Level 5, Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, 2 Jalan Dato? Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur|
Phone: 603-9195 1888
Fax: 603-9195 1801
Web page: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seacemy.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maximilian J. B. Hall, 2008.
"The sub-prime crisis, the credit squeeze and Northern Rock: The lessons to be learnt,"
Discussion Paper Series
2008_09, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Aug 2008.
- Maximilian J.B. Hall, 2008. "The sub-prime crisis, the credit squeeze and Northern Rock: the lessons to be learned," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 19-34, April.
- Cornelia Holthausen & Thomas Rønde, 2003.
"Cooperation in International Banking Supervision,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2004-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998. "Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," NBER Working Papers 6606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A. & Kaufman, George G., 2008. "Cross-border banking and financial stability in the EU," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 168-204, September.
- Reza Yamora Siregar & Vincent Choon Seng Lim, 2010.
"The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability,"
Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 83-99, June.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim & C.S. Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp74.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim, CS Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 20846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larry D. Wall, 2010.
"Prudential discipline for financial firms: micro, macro, and market structures,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2010-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Wall, Larry D., 2009. "Prudential Discipline for Financial Firms: Micro, Macro, and Market Structures," ADBI Working Papers 176, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Larry D. Wall, 2010. "Prudential Discipline for Financial Firms: Micro, Macro, and Market Structures," Working Papers id:3040, eSocialSciences.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2009. "Globalized banks: lending to emerging markets in the crisis," Staff Reports 377, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cihák, Martin & Podpiera, Richard, 2008. "Integrated financial supervision: Which model?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 135-152, August.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008.
"Banking globalization, monetary transmission, and the lending channel,"
333, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Goldberg, Linda S., 2008. "Banking globalization, monetary transmission and the lending channel," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,21, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008. "Banking Globalization, Monetary Transmission, and the Lending Channel," NBER Working Papers 14101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 2004. "Defining Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 04/187, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Macro stress tests and crises: what can we learn?," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, pages -, December.
- Siregar, Reza, 2011.
"Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation: Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks,"
ADBI Working Papers
325, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Reza Siregar, 2011. "Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks," Finance Working Papers 23211, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Reza Siregar, 2011. "Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks," Macroeconomics Working Papers 23211, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Choy, KM, 2009.
"Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia,"
14989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reza Y Siregar & Keen Meng Choy, 2010. "Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 484-516, June.
- Tientip Subhanij, 2010. "Liquidity Measurement and Management in the SEACEN Countries," Research Studies, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number rp81.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998.
"Paper tigers? A model of the Asian crisis,"
9822, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Delano Villanueva, 1998. "Financial System Soundness and Risk-Based Supervision," Research Studies, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number rp38.
- David T. Llewellyn, 2009. "The Northern Rock Crisis: a multi-dimensional Problem," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Cross-Border Coordination of Prudential Supervision and Deposit Guarantees," IMF Working Papers 08/283, International Monetary Fund.
- Reza Siregar & Willam James, 2004. "Designing an Integrated Financial Supervision Agency: Selected Lessons and Challenges for Indonesia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-05, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Financial Soundness Indicators; Analytical Aspects and Country Practices," IMF Occasional Papers 212, International Monetary Fund.
- Janet L Yellen, 2011.
"Macroprudential Supervision and Monetary Policy in the Post-crisis World,"
Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 3-12, January.
- Janet L. Yellen, 2010. "Macroprudential supervision and monetary policy in the post-crisis world," Speech 551, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- R. Sean Craig & E. Philip Davis & Antonio Garcia Pascual, 2006. "Sources Of Pro-Cyclicality In East Asian Financial Systems," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-02, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Beverly Hirtle & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2009. "Macroprudential supervision of financial institutions: lessons from the SCAP," Staff Reports 409, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2010:x:11 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Graeve, F. & Kick, T. & Koetter, M., 2008. "Monetary policy and financial (in)stability: An integrated micro-macro approach," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 205-231, September.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Ola Melander, 2008. "Credit Matters; Empirical Evidence on U.S. Macro-Financial Linkages," IMF Working Papers 08/169, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sea:spaper:sp79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yunyee)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.