Cross-border bank lending to selected SEACEN economies: an integrative report
This study seeks to address a number of rising policy concerns from the aftermath of the recent subprime crisis. Did foreign bank lending decline sharply and transmit the financial shocks from the advanced economies to the SEACEN emerging markets? Was the decline driven by the drying-up in supply of cross-border loans or more by the sharp decline in the demand for this funding? Does greater exposure of foreign banks to a host country lowered the sensitivity of its claims to shocks originating from their own economies? Do bank claims to a country affected by the aggregate changes in claims to another country? How about the stability of these flows? In short, this study aims to ascertain the various multi-faceted aspects of this international bank lending.
|Date of creation:||10 Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bank for International Settlements, 2010. "The functioning and resilience of cross-border funding markets," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 37, November.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Choy, KM, 2009.
"Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia,"
14989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reza Y Siregar & Keen Meng Choy, 2010. "Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 484-516, June.
- Van Rijckeghem, Caroline & Weder, Beatrice, 2003. "Spillovers through banking centers: a panel data analysis of bank flows," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 483-509, August.
- Herrmann, Sabine & Mihaljek, Dubravko, 2010.
"The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: New empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2010,17, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Sabine Herrmann & Dubravko Mihaljek, 2010. "The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: new empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises," BIS Working Papers 315, Bank for International Settlements.
- Elod Takats, 2010. "Was it credit supply? Cross-border bank lending to emerging market economies during the financial crisis," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, pages -, June.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim, CS Vincent, 2010.
"The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability,"
20846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim & C.S. Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp74.
- Reza Yamora Siregar & Vincent Choon Seng Lim, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 83-99, June.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S Goldberg, 2011. "Global Banks and International Shock Transmission: Evidence from the Crisis," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 59(1), pages 41-76, April.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2009. "Globalized banks: lending to emerging markets in the crisis," Staff Reports 377, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Andrew Powell & Ivanna Vladkova-Hollar, 2005. "Banking on Foreigners: The Behavior of International Bank Claims on Latin America, 1985–2000," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(3), pages 1-4.
- Linda S Goldberg, 2009. "Understanding Banking Sector Globalization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 171-197, April.
- Frederic S Mishkin, 2009. "Why We Shouldn't Turn Our Backs on Financial Globalization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(1), pages 139-170, April.
- Dubravko Mihaljek, 2008. "The financial stability implications of increased capital flows for emerging market economies," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial globalisation and emerging market capital flows, volume 44, pages 11-44 Bank for International Settlements.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A. & Kaufman, George G., 2008. "Cross-border banking and financial stability in the EU," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 168-204, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.