Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks
New lessons, challenges, and debates have emerged from the subprime crisis in the United States. While the macroeconomic orientation is not new and has always been among the classic toolkits of central banks for ensuring financial stability, the current explicit articulation and specification of such a tool as a global standard is new. The objective of this study is to review and analyze the steps taken by the central banks and monetary authorities of select Asian countries to strengthen their prudential regulations, mainly the macro-prudential component of such regulations.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamim Bayoumi & Ola Melander, 2008. "Credit Matters; Empirical Evidence on U.S. Macro-Financial Linkages," IMF Working Papers 08/169, International Monetary Fund.
- Dale F. Gray; & Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2009.
"New Framework for Measuring and Managing Macrofinancial Risk and Financial Stability,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
541, Central Bank of Chile.
- Dale F. Gray & Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2007. "New Framework for Measuring and Managing Macrofinancial Risk and Financial Stability," NBER Working Papers 13607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Choy, KM, 2009.
"Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia,"
14989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reza Y Siregar & Keen Meng Choy, 2010. "Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 484-516, June.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008.
"Banking globalization, monetary transmission, and the lending channel,"
333, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008. "Banking Globalization, Monetary Transmission, and the Lending Channel," NBER Working Papers 14101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Goldberg, Linda S., 2008. "Banking globalization, monetary transmission and the lending channel," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,21, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Borio, Claudio, 2006. "Monetary and financial stability: Here to stay?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3407-3414, December.
- Luis Ignacio JÃ¡come, 2008. "Central Bank Involvement in Banking Crises in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2008.
"Central banks and financial crises,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24438, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2008. "Central banks and financial crises," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 495-633.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim & C.S. Vincent, 2010.
"The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp74.
- Reza Yamora Siregar & Vincent Choon Seng Lim, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 83-99, June.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim, CS Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 20846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beverly Hirtle & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2009. "Macroprudential supervision of financial institutions: lessons from the SCAP," Staff Reports 409, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Giovanni Majnoni & Matthew T. Jones & Winfrid Blaschke, 2001. "Stress Testing of Financial Systems; An Overview of Issues, Methodologies, and FSAP Experiences," IMF Working Papers 01/88, International Monetary Fund.
- R. Sean Craig & E. Philip Davis & Antonio Garcia Pascual, 2006. "Sources Of Pro-Cyclicality In East Asian Financial Systems," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-02, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Jeremy C. Stein & Anil K. Kashyap, 2000. "What Do a Million Observations on Banks Say about the Transmission of Monetary Policy?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 407-428, June.
- Reza Siregar & Willam James, 2004. "Designing an Integrated Financial Supervision Agency: Selected Lessons and Challenges for Indonesia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-05, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- De Graeve, F. & Kick, T. & Koetter, M., 2008. "Monetary policy and financial (in)stability: An integrated micro-macro approach," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 205-231, September.
- Siregar, Reza Y., 2002. "Interest Rate Policy And Its Implication On The Banking Restructuring Programs In Indonesia During The 1997-Financial Crisis: An Empirical Investigation," EIJS Working Paper Series 154, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2009. "Globalized banks: lending to emerging markets in the crisis," Staff Reports 377, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:macroe:23211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.