Macro-Prudential Approaches to Banking Regulation : Perspectives of Selected Asian Central Banks
New lessons, challenges, and debates have emerged from the subprime crisis in the United States. While the macroeconomic orientation is not new and has always been among the classic toolkits of central banks for ensuring financial stability, the current explicit articulation and specification of such a tool as a global standard is new. The objective of this study is to review and analyze the steps taken by the central banks and monetary authorities of select Asian countries to strengthen their prudential regulations, mainly the macro-prudential component of such regulations.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dale F. Gray & Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2007.
"New Framework for Measuring and Managing Macrofinancial Risk and Financial Stability,"
NBER Working Papers
13607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale F. Gray; & Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 2009. "New Framework for Measuring and Managing Macrofinancial Risk and Financial Stability," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 541, Central Bank of Chile.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Ola Melander, 2008. "Credit Matters; Empirical Evidence on U.S. Macro-Financial Linkages," IMF Working Papers 08/169, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeremy C. Stein & Anil K. Kashyap, 2000. "What Do a Million Observations on Banks Say about the Transmission of Monetary Policy?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 407-428, June.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2008. "Central banks and financial crises," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 495-633.
- . . & Willem Buiter, 2008. "Central banks and financial crises," FMG Discussion Papers dp619, Financial Markets Group.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2008. "Central banks and financial crises," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24438, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Borio, Claudio, 2006. "Monetary and financial stability: Here to stay?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3407-3414, December.
- Beverly Hirtle & Til Schuermann & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2009. "Macroprudential supervision of financial institutions: lessons from the SCAP," Staff Reports 409, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008. "Banking globalization, monetary transmission, and the lending channel," Staff Reports 333, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Cetorelli, Nicola & Goldberg, Linda S., 2008. "Banking globalization, monetary transmission and the lending channel," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,21, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2008. "Banking Globalization, Monetary Transmission, and the Lending Channel," NBER Working Papers 14101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim & C.S. Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp74.
- Reza Yamora Siregar & Vincent Choon Seng Lim, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," Journal of Advanced Studies in Finance, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 83-99, June.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim, CS Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 20846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reza Y Siregar & Keen Meng Choy, 2010. "Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 484-516, June.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Choy, KM, 2009. "Determinants of International Bank Lending from the Developed World to East Asia," MPRA Paper 14989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2008. "Central Bank Involvement in Banking Crises in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/135, International Monetary Fund.
- R. Sean Craig & E. Philip Davis & Antonio Garcia Pascual, 2006. "Sources Of Pro-Cyclicality In East Asian Financial Systems," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 06-02, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Siregar, Reza Y., 2002. "Interest Rate Policy And Its Implication On The Banking Restructuring Programs In Indonesia During The 1997-Financial Crisis: An Empirical Investigation," EIJS Working Paper Series 154, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Reza Siregar & Willam James, 2004. "Designing an Integrated Financial Supervision Agency: Selected Lessons and Challenges for Indonesia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2004-05, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2009. "Globalized banks: lending to emerging markets in the crisis," Staff Reports 377, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- De Graeve, F. & Kick, T. & Koetter, M., 2008. "Monetary policy and financial (in)stability: An integrated micro-macro approach," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 205-231, September.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Giovanni Majnoni & Matthew T Jones & Winfrid Blaschke, 2001. "Stress Testing of Financial Systems; An Overview of Issues, Methodologies, and FSAP Experiences," IMF Working Papers 01/88, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)