Ensuring price stability in post-crisis Asia: lessons from the recovery
Asian central banks have adopted monetary policy frameworks over the past decade that have, by and large, worked well both to ensure price stability during the pre-crisis period and to navigate the shoals during the recent international financial crisis. Inflation concerns in recent years nonetheless raise the possibility that existing monetary policy frameworks in Asia may be contributing to procyclical inflation swings. Three particular aspects of the policy environment are highlighted. They include the approach of monetary policy to commodity price cycles, to the uneven global recovery and to the new financial stability mandates.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza Y., 2012.
"Fear of appreciation in East and Southeast Asia: The role of the Chinese renminbi,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 324-334.
- Victor Pontines & Reza Y. Siregar, 2010. "Fear of Appreciation in East and Southeast Asia: The Role of the Chinese Renminbi," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp78.
- Pontines, Victor & Siregar, Reza Y., 2010. "Fear of Appreciation in East and Southeast Asia: The Role of the Chinese Renminbi," MPRA Paper 25408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reza Siregar & Lim, C.S. Vincent, 2011. "Living with Macro-financial Linkages: Policy Perspectives and Challenges for SEACEN Countries," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp79.
- Siregar, Reza & Lim, Vincent C.S., 2011. "Living with Macro-financial Linkages: Policy Perspectives and Challenges for SEACEN Countries," MPRA Paper 28417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yasunari Inamura & Tomonori Kimata & Takeshi Kimura & Takashi Muto, 2011. "Recent Surge in Global Commodity Prices-- Impact of financialization of commodities and globally accommodative monetary conditions --," Bank of Japan Review Series 11-E-2, Bank of Japan.
- Don Nakornthab Phurichai & Rungcharoenkitkul, 2010. "Marrying Monetary Policy with Macroprudential Regulation: Exploration of Issues," Occasional Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number occ49.
- Claudio Borio & Robert McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2011. "Global credit and domestic credit booms," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.