Evaluating the beef promotion checkoff: The robustness of the conclusions
Evaluation of the beef checkoff is an ongoing effort. Using household data and aggregate beef disappearance data, recent results confirm earlier work by Ward and Lambert showing the effectiveness of the beef checkoff even though the impact on cattle prices is small relative to other factors. Problems with other models attempting to reproduce Ward and Lambert's earlier models are detailed and the specific problems associated with attempts to use other models compared with Ward and Lambert are shown. [Econ-Lit citations: Q130, M300, M370] © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ward, Ronald W. & Moon, Wanki, 1996. "Changing Attitudes about Fat and Cholesterol: Do They Impact Meat Consumption?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 11(3).
- Nouhoun Coulibaly & B. Wade Brorsen, 1999. "Explaining the differences between two previous meat generic advertising studies," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 501-515.
- Henry W. Kinnucan & Yuliang Miao, 1999. "Media-specific returns to generic advertising: The case of catfish," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Christian, Jason E. & Meng, Erika C.H. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 1997. "The California Table Grape Commission's Promotion Program: An Evaluation," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11932.