The Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices in an Axiomatic Context: Some Further Considerations
Kop Jansen & ten Raa (1990) established a purely theoretical solution to the problem of selecting a model for the construction of coefficients on the basis of make and use tables. In an axiomatic context, they singled out the so-called commodity technology model as the best one according to some desirable properties. The aim of this paper is to delineate the restrictions on the relevant data sets that ensure fulfilment of the desirable properties by other models used by statistical offices.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-382055 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fukui, Yukio & Seneta, E., 1985. "A theoretical approach to the conventional treatment of joint product in input-output tables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 175-179.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1988. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis: Frustration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 535-38, August.
- Jansen, Pieter Kop & ten Raa, Thijs, 1990.
"The Choice of Model in the Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 213-27, February.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & Jansen, P., 1989. "The choice of model in the construction of input-output coefficients matrices," Discussion Paper 1989-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mattey, Joe & ten Raa, Thijs, 1997. "Primary versus Secondary Production Techniques in U.S. Manufacturing," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 449-64, December.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & van der Ploeg, F., 1988.
"A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis,"
FEW 322, School of Economics and Management.
- ten Raa, Thijs & van der Ploeg, Rick, 1989. "A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 2-19, January.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381958 is not listed on IDEAS
- ten Raa, Thijs & Chakraborty, Debesh & Small, J Anthony, 1984. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 88-97, February.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381954 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viet, Vu Quang, 1994. "Practices in input-output table compilation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 27-54, February.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381948 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steenge, Albert E., 1990. "The commodity technology revisited : Theoretical basis and an application to error location in the make-use framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 376-387, October.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86070 is not listed on IDEAS
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1994. "On the methodology of input-output analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-25, February.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381936 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mattey, J. & Ten Raa, T., 1997. "Primary versus secondary production techniques in US manufacturing," Other publications TiSEM ea0c1199-90e3-4a30-91f8-7, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:15:y:2003:i:4:p:439-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.