The Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices in an Axiomatic Context: Some Further Considerations
Kop Jansen & ten Raa (1990) established a purely theoretical solution to the problem of selecting a model for the construction of coefficients on the basis of make and use tables. In an axiomatic context, they singled out the so-called commodity technology model as the best one according to some desirable properties. The aim of this paper is to delineate the restrictions on the relevant data sets that ensure fulfilment of the desirable properties by other models used by statistical offices.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pieter Kop Jansen & Thijs ten Raa, 2009.
"The Choice of Model in the Construction of Input–Output Coefficients Matrices,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Input–Output Economics: Theory And Applications Featuring Asian Economies, chapter 4, pages 47-66
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jansen, Pieter Kop & ten Raa, Thijs, 1990. "The Choice of Model in the Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 213-227, February.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & Jansen, P., 1989. "The choice of model in the construction of input-output coefficients matrices," Discussion Paper 1989-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Steenge, Albert E., 1990. "The commodity technology revisited : Theoretical basis and an application to error location in the make-use framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 376-387, October.
- ten Raa, Thijs & Chakraborty, Debesh & Small, J Anthony, 1984. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 88-97, February.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1994. "On the methodology of input-output analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Fukui, Yukio & Seneta, E., 1985. "A theoretical approach to the conventional treatment of joint product in input-output tables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 175-179.
- ten Raa, Thijs & van der Ploeg, Rick, 1989. "A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 2-19, January.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & van der Ploeg, F., 1988. "A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis," Research Memorandum FEW 322, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Joe Mattey & Thijs ten Raa, 2009. "Primary Versus Secondary Production Techniques in U.S. Manufacturing," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Input–Output Economics: Theory And Applications Featuring Asian Economies, chapter 16, pages 285-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Mattey, Joe & ten Raa, Thijs, 1997. "Primary versus Secondary Production Techniques in U.S. Manufacturing," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 449-464, December.
- Mattey, J. & Ten Raa, T., 1997. "Primary versus secondary production techniques in US manufacturing," Other publications TiSEM ea0c1199-90e3-4a30-91f8-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- J. Harvey Edmonston, 1952. "A Treatment of Multiple-Process Industries," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 557-571.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1988. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis: Frustration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 535-538, August.
- Viet, Vu Quang, 1994. "Practices in input-output table compilation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 27-54, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:15:y:2003:i:4:p:439-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.