The Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices in an Axiomatic Context: Some Further Considerations
Kop Jansen & ten Raa (1990) established a purely theoretical solution to the problem of selecting a model for the construction of coefficients on the basis of make and use tables. In an axiomatic context, they singled out the so-called commodity technology model as the best one according to some desirable properties. The aim of this paper is to delineate the restrictions on the relevant data sets that ensure fulfilment of the desirable properties by other models used by statistical offices.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ten Raa, Thijs & Chakraborty, Debesh & Small, J Anthony, 1984. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 88-97, February.
- ten Raa, Thijs & van der Ploeg, Rick, 1989.
"A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 2-19, January.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & van der Ploeg, F., 1988. "A statistical approach to the problem of negatives in input-output analysis," Research Memorandum FEW 322, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1988. "An Alternative Treatment of Secondary Products in Input-Output Analysis: Frustration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 535-38, August.
- Mattey, J. & Ten Raa, T., 1997.
"Primary versus secondary production techniques in US manufacturing,"
Other publications TiSEM
ea0c1199-90e3-4a30-91f8-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mattey, Joe & ten Raa, Thijs, 1997. "Primary versus Secondary Production Techniques in U.S. Manufacturing," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 449-64, December.
- Fukui, Yukio & Seneta, E., 1985. "A theoretical approach to the conventional treatment of joint product in input-output tables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 175-179.
- Steenge, Albert E., 1990. "The commodity technology revisited : Theoretical basis and an application to error location in the make-use framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 376-387, October.
- Jansen, Pieter Kop & ten Raa, Thijs, 1990.
"The Choice of Model in the Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 213-27, February.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & Jansen, P., 1989. "The choice of model in the construction of input-output coefficients matrices," Discussion Paper 1989-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1994. "On the methodology of input-output analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Viet, Vu Quang, 1994. "Practices in input-output table compilation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 27-54, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:15:y:2003:i:4:p:439-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.