Additive Labour Values and Prices: Evidence from the Supply and Use Tables of the French, German and Greek Economies
This paper finds, on the basis of a usual 'square' linear model of joint production, that the vectors of additive labour values and/or actual prices of production associated with the Supply and Use Tables of the Greek economy (for the years 1995 and 1999) are economically insignificant, whilst the relevant vectors of the French (for the years 1995 and 2005) and German (for the years 2000 and 2005) economies are economically significant. The evaluation of the results reveals certain technical-social features of the economies under consideration and casts doubt on the logic of the so-called empirical labour theory of value.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Burton Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU|
Web page: http://www.economicissues.org.uk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Flaschel, Peter, 1983. "Actual Labor Values in a General Model of Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 435-54, March.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1995.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443258, June.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & Jansen, P., 1989.
"The choice of model in the construction of input-output coefficients matrices,"
1989-1, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jansen, Pieter Kop & ten Raa, Thijs, 1990. "The Choice of Model in the Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 213-27, February.
- Steedman, Ian & Tomkins, Judith, 1998. "On Measuring the Deviation of Prices from Values," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 379-85, May.
- Cockshott, W Paul & Cottrell, Allin F, 1997. "Labour Time versus Alternative Value Bases: A Research Note," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 545-49, July.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Theodore Mariolis, 2007. "Labour Values, Prices of Production and the Effects of Income Distribution: Evidence from the Greek Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 425-437.
- Thijs ten Raa & José Manuel Rueda Cantuche, 2003.
"The Construction of input-output Coefficients Matrices in an Axiomatic Context: Some Further Considerations,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2003/30, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Thijs ten Raa & Jose Manuel Rueda-Cantuche, 2003. "The Construction of Input-Output Coefficients Matrices in an Axiomatic Context: Some Further Considerations," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 439-455.
- Flaschel, Peter, 1980. " The Derivation and Comparison of Employment Multipliers and Labour Productivity Indexes Using Monetary and Physical Input-Output Tables," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 118-29.
- Bidard, Christian, 1997. "Pure Joint Production," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 685-701, November.
- Filippini, Carlo & Filippini, Luigi, 1982. "Two Theorems on Joint Production," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(366), pages 386-90, June.
- Steedman, Ian, 1975. "Positive Profits with Negative Surplus Value," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(337), pages 114-23, March.
- J. v. Neumann, 1945. "A Model of General Economic Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-9.
- Ian Steedman, 1992. "Joint Production and the 'New Solution' to the Transformation Problem," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 123-127.
- Christian Bidard & Guido Erreygers, 1998. "Sraffa and Leontief on Joint Production," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 427-446.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2008. "Price-value deviations: further evidence from input-output data of Japan," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 707-724.
- Steedman, Ian, 1976. "Positive Profits with Negative Surplus Value: A Reply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(343), pages 604-08, September.
- Thijs ten Raa & José M. Rueda-Cantuche, 2005. "The problem of negatives in input-output analysis: a review of the solutions," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/07, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Steedman, Ian & Metcalfe, J S, 1981. "On Duality and Basic Commodities in an Open Economy," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(36), pages 133-41, June.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2002. "Values, prices of production and market prices: some more evidence from the Greek economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- Ian Steedman, 1985. "Heterogeneous Labour, Money Wages, and Marx's Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 551-574, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eis:articl:210mariolis. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan Wheatley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.