Bienenfeld’s approximation of production prices and eigenvalue distribution: some more evidence from five European economies
This paper tests Bienenfeld’s polynomial approximation of production prices using data from ten symmetric input-output tables of five European economies. The empirical results show that the quadratic formula works extremely well and its accuracy is connected to the actual distribution of the eigenvalues of the matrices of vertically integrated technical coefficients.
|Date of creation:||30 Jan 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theodore Mariolis & George Soklis, 2011. "On constructing numeraire-free measures of price--value deviation: a note on the Steedman--Tomkins distance," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 613-618.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Theodore Mariolis, 2007. "Labour Values, Prices of Production and the Effects of Income Distribution: Evidence from the Greek Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 425-437.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Tsoulfidis, Lefteris, 2010. "Eigenvalue distribution and the production price-profit rate relationship in linear single-product systems: theory and empirical evidence," MPRA Paper 43716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, March.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1995. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443258, December.
- Steedman, Ian & Tomkins, Judith, 1998. "On Measuring the Deviation of Prices from Values," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 379-385, May.
- Bienenfeld, Mel, 1988. "Regularity in Price Changes as an Effect of Changes in Distribution," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 247-255, June.
- Schefold, Bertram, 2008. "C.E.S. production functions in the light of the Cambridge critique," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 783-797, June.
- George Soklis, 2011. "Shape Of Wage–Profit Curves In Joint Production Systems: Evidence From The Supply And Use Tables Of The Finnish Economy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 548-560, November.
- Theodore Mariolis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2010. "Measures Of Production Price-Labour Value Deviation And Income Distribution In Actual Economies: A Note," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 701-710, November.
- T Mariolis & G Soklis, 2010. "Additive Labour Values and Prices: Evidence from the Supply and Use Tables of the French, German and Greek Economies," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 87-107, September.
- Albert E. Steenge & Mark J. P. M. Thissen, 2005. "A New Matrix Theorem: Interpretation in Terms of Internal Trade Structure and Implications for Dynamic Systems," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 71-94, February.
- Theodore Mariolis & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2009. "Decomposing the Changes in Production Prices into "Capital-Intensity" and "Price" Effects: Theory and Evidence from the Chinese Economy ," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-22. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)