An Input-Output Approach to the Estimation of the Maximum Attainable Economic Dependency Ratio in four European Economies
The purpose of this paper is to explore, in terms of input-output models, the proximate determinants of the maximum attainable Economic Dependency Ratio and to provide estimates of that ratio in four European economies (Finnish, German, Greek, Spanish). The evaluation of the results reveals certain central socio-technical features of the actual economies under consideration.
|Date of creation:||12 May 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Bidard & Guido Erreygers, 1998. "Sraffa and Leontief on Joint Production," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 427-446.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Eswar S. Prasad, 2000.
"Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries: An Empirical Exploration,"
NBER Working Papers
7581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Prasad, Eswar S., 2003. "Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Menzie David Chinn & Eswar Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries; An Empirical Exploration," IMF Working Papers 00/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Clark, Robert L & Kreps, Juanita & Spengler, Joseph J, 1978. "Economics of Aging: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 919-62, September.
- Rigmar Osterkamp, 2003. "Demographic Dependency Ratios," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 1(3), pages 69-70, 02.
- Leontief, Wassily & Duchin, Faye, 1986. "The Future Impact of Automation on Workers," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195036237, May.
- Wolfstetter, E, 1973. "Surplus Labour, Synchronised Labor Costs and Marx's Labour Theory of Value," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(331), pages 787-809, September.
- Zonghie Han & Bertram Schefold, 2006. "An empirical investigation of paradoxes: reswitching and reverse capital deepening in capital theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 737-765, September.
- Kalmbach, Peter & Kurz, Heinz D., 1990. "Micro-electronics and employment: A dynamic input-output study of the West German economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 371-386, December.
- Erdilek, Asim & Schive, Chi, 1976. "Can Trade Be Harmful for a Growing Capitalist Economy?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 317-20.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.