Δυναμική Του Δημοσίου Χρέους, Οικονομική Πολιτική Και Κοινωνική Συνοχή Στην Ελλάδα: Μία Σημείωση
[Public debt dynamics, economic policy and social cohesion in Greece: a note]
This paper explores the dynamics of the Greek public debt. It supports that, first, the public debt is unsustainable and, second, the reduction in government expenditures and the cut in unit labour costs in the private sector seems to be the only available, al-though too little too late ‘remedy’.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Κοινωνική Συνοχή και Ανάπτυξη/Social Cohesion and Development 1.5(2010): pp. 27-40|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mariolis, Theodore & Soklis, George & Groza, Heleni, 2010. "An Input-Output Approach to the Estimation of the Maximum Attainable Economic Dependency Ratio in four European Economies," MPRA Paper 22661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2006. "Distribution and Growth in a Multi-Sector Open Economy with Excess Capacity," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 59(1), pages 51-61.
- Yilmaz Akyüz, 2007. "Debt Sustainability in Emerging Markets: A Critical Appraisal," Working Papers 61, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Harck, Soren, 2000. "On the Sustainability Area as a Simplifying Didactic Device," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 505-509, July.
- Matteo Formenti, 2008. "Indicators and Tests of Sustainability: The Italian Case," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(6), pages 123-160, November-.
- Michel Aglietta & Merih Uctum, 1996.
"Europe and the Maastricht Challenge,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(6), pages 683-694, November.
- Michel Aglietta & Merih Uctum, 1996. "Europe and the Maastricht challenge," Research Paper 9616, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- You, Jong-Il & Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1996. "Government Debt, Income Distribution and Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 335-351, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.