Distribution and Growth in an Economy with Heterogeneous Capital and Excess Capacity
In a world of heterogeneous capital the aggregate capital-capacity ratio can change in a complicated way as the real wage rate changes and, therefore, nothing useful can be said, a priori, about the relationships between the real wage rate (or the aggregate profit share), the degree of capacity utilization and the rates of profit, capital accumulation and interest.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Asian-African Journal of Economics and Econometrics 1-2.7(2007): pp. 365-375|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1987. "Alternative Closures Again: A Comment on 'Growth, Distribution and Inflation.'," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 75-82, March.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2004.
"Interest rate, debt, distribution and capital accumulation in a post-Kaleckian model,"
WSI Working Papers
133, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Foundation.
- Eckhard Hein, 2007. "Interest Rate, Debt, Distribution And Capital Accumulation In A Post-Kaleckian Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 310-339, 05.
- Eckhard Hein, 2004. "Interest rate, debt, distribution and capital accumulation in a post-Kaleckian model," Macroeconomics 0412005, EconWPA.
- Marc Lavoie, 1995.
"Interest Rates In Post-Keynesian Models Of Growth And Distribution,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 146-177, 06.
- Lavoie, M., 1993. "Interest Rates in Post-Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution," Working Papers 9314e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- You, Jong-Il & Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1996. "Government Debt, Income Distribution and Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 335-351, May.
- Eckhard Hein & Carsten Ochsen, 2003. "Regimes of Interest Rates, Income Shares, Savings and Investment: A Kaleckian Model and Empirical Estimations for some Advanced OECD Economies," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 404-433, November.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1995.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443258, December.
- Marc Lavoie, 2006. "Do Heterodox Theories Have Anything in Common? A Post-Keynesian Point of View," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 1-87â€“112.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2006. "Distribution and Growth in a Multi-Sector Open Economy with Excess Capacity," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 59(1), pages 51-61.
- Eckhard Hein, 2006. "On the (in-)stability and the endogeneity of the "normal" rate of capacity utilisation in a post-Keynesian/Kaleckian "monetary" distribution and growth model," IMK Working Paper 02-2006, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Reiner Franke, 1999. "Technical Change and a Falling Wage Share if Profits are Maintained," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 35-53, 02.
- Marc Lavoie & Gabriel Rodriguez & Mario Seccareccia, 2004. "Similitudes and Discrepancies in Post-Keynesian and Marxist Theories of Investment: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 127-149.
- Lavoie, M. & Ramirez-Gaston, P., 1993.
"Traverse in a Two-Sector Kaleckian Model of growth with Target Return Pricing,"
9308e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Lavoie, Marc & Ramirez-Gaston, Pablo, 1997. "Traverse in a Two-Sector Kaleckian Model of Growth with Target-Return Pricing," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(2), pages 145-169, March.
- Hein, Eckhard, 1999. "Interest Rates, Income Shares, and Investment in a Kaleckian Model," MPRA Paper 18607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1997. "Profit-Rate Equalization in the Kalecki-Steindl Model and the "Over-Determination" Problem," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(4), pages 443-451, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.