The Economic Costs of Type 2 Diabetes: A Global Systematic Review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Condliffe & Charles R. Link & Shreekant Parasuraman & Michael F. Pollack, 2013.
"The effects of hypertension and obesity on total health-care expenditures of diabetes patients in the United States,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(7), pages 649-652, May.
- Simon Condliffe & Charles Link & Micheal F. Pollack & Shreekant Parasuraman, 2012. "The Effects of Hypertension and Obesity on Total Health Care Expenditures of Diabetes Patients in the United States," Working Papers 12-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Elena Bastida & José A. Pagán, 2002. "The impact of diabetes on adult employment and earnings of Mexican Americans: Findings from a community based study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 403-413, July.
- Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Xueyan & Harris, Anthony, 2009. "Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Ehsan Latif, 2009. "The impact of diabetes on employment in Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 577-589, May.
- Tim Dall & Plamen Nikolov & Paul Hogan, 2003. "Economic Costs of Diabetes in the U.S. in 2002," HEW 0306001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Harris, 2009. "Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Labour Force Participation in Australia: An Endogenous Multivariate Probit Analysis of Clinical Prevalence Data," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(271), pages 472-484, December.
- Seuring, Till & Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc, 2015. "The impact of diabetes on employment in Mexico," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 85-100.
- Holmes, Jeremy & Gear, Elena & Bottomley, Julia & Gillam, Stephen & Murphy, Moira & Williams, Rhys, 2003. "Do people with type 2 diabetes and their carers lose income? (T2ARDIS-4)," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 291-296, June.
- Gyldmark, Marlene & Morrison, Gwendolyn C., 2001. "Demand for health care in Denmark: results of a national sample survey using contingent valuation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 1023-1036, October.
- Monereo, Susana & Molina, Begoña & Oliva Moreno, Juan & Lobo Aleu, José Félix, 2003. "Direct healthcare costs of diabetes mellitus patients in Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we036827, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012.
"The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010. "The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach," NBER Working Papers 16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Shelton Brown & José A. Pagán & Elena Bastida, 2005. "The impact of diabetes on employment: genetic IVs in a bivariate probit," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 537-544, May.
- Kahn, Matthew E, 1998. "Health and Labor Market Performance: The Case of Diabetes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 878-899, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Thesis Thursday: Till Seuring
by Chris Sampson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2017-07-20 11:00:57
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Abasolo & Tricia Adjei & Manuel Varela & David Cuesta-Frau & Petra Kavalkova & Marek Benes & Borja Vargas & Martin Haluzik & Vacláv Burda & Daniel Novák & Milos Mraz, 2019. "Influence of Duodenal–Jejunal Implantation on Glucose Dynamics: A Pilot Study Using Different Nonlinear Methods," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2019, pages 1-10, February.
- Grégoire Lagasnerie & Anne-Sophie Aguadé & Pierre Denis & Anne Fagot-Campagna & Christelle Gastaldi-Menager, 2018. "The economic burden of diabetes to French national health insurance: a new cost-of-illness method based on a combined medicalized and incremental approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(2), pages 189-201, March.
- Clémence Bussière & Nicolas Sirven & Thomas Rapp & Christine Sevilla‐Dedieu, 2020. "Adherence to medical follow‐up recommendations reduces hospital admissions: Evidence from diabetic patients in France," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 508-522, April.
- Gourzoulidis, George & Kourlaba, Georgia & Stafylas, Panagiotis & Giamouzis, Gregory & Parissis, John & Maniadakis, Nikolaos, 2017. "Association between copayment, medication adherence and outcomes in the management of patients with diabetes and heart failure," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(4), pages 363-377.
- François-Olivier Baudot & Anne-Sophie Aguadé & Thomas Barnay & Christelle Gastaldi-Ménager & Anne Fagot-Campagna, 2019.
"Impact of type 2 diabetes on health expenditure: estimation based on individual administrative data,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 20(5), pages 657-668, July.
- François-Olivier Baudot & Anne-Sophie Aguade & Thomas Barnay & Christelle Gastaldi-Menager & Anne Fagot-Campagna, 2018. "Impact of type of 2 diabetes on health expenditure : an estimation based on individual administrative data," Working Papers halshs-01878942, HAL.
- François-Olivier Baudot & Anne-Sophie Aguadé & Thomas Barnay & Christelle Gastaldi-Ménager & Anne Fagot-Campagna, 2018. "Impact of type 2 diabetes on health expenditure: an estimation based on individual administrative data," TEPP Working Paper 2018-04, TEPP.
- Seuring, Till & Serneels, Pieter & Suhrcke, Marc & Bachmann, Max, 2018. "Diabetes, Employment and Behavioural Risk Factors in China: Marginal Structural Models versus Fixed Effects Models," IZA Discussion Papers 11817, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tuulia Varanka-Ruuska & Nina Rautio & Heli Lehtiniemi & Jouko Miettunen & Sirkka Keinänen-Kiukaanniemi & Sylvain Sebert & Leena Ala-Mursula, 2018. "The association of unemployment with glucose metabolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 63(4), pages 435-446, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:pharme:v:33:y:2015:i:8:p:811-831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.