The effects of non-adherence on health care utilisation: panel data evidence on uncontrolled diabetes
We use longitudinal administrative data from Spain (2004-2010) to identify and quantify the effects of uncontrolled type 2 diabetes on health care utilisation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elena Bastida & José A. Pagán, 2002. "The impact of diabetes on adult employment and earnings of Mexican Americans: Findings from a community based study," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 403-413.
- Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Xueyan & Harris, Anthony, 2009. "Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 91-108, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2005.
"Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 39-54.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2002. "Simple solutions to the initial conditions problem in dynamic, nonlinear panel data models with unobserved heterogeneity," CeMMAP working papers CWP18/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2002. "The structure of demand for health care: latent class versus two-part models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 601-625, July.
- Minor, Travis, 2013. "An investigation into the effect of type I and type II diabetes duration on employment and wages," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 534-544.
- Sisira Sarma & Wayne Simpson, 2006. "A microeconometric analysis of Canadian health care utilization," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 219-239.
- Winfried Pohlmeier & Volker Ulrich, 1995. "An Econometric Model of the Two-Part Decisionmaking Process in the Demand for Health Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(2), pages 339-361.
- Maria Alva & Alastair Gray & Borislava Mihaylova & Philip Clarke, 2014. "The Effect Of Diabetes Complications On Health‐Related Quality Of Life: The Importance Of Longitudinal Data To Address Patient Heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 487-500, April.
- Kahn, Matthew E, 1998. "Health and Labor Market Performance: The Case of Diabetes," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 878-899, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2016-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.