Testing for the Stationarity in Total Factor Productivity: Nonlinearity Evidence from 79 Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Cook, 2009. "A re-examination of the stationarity of inflation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 1047-1053.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2001. "Schooling Data, Technological Diffusion, and the Neoclassical Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 323-327, May.
- Azomahou, Théophile T. & Diene, Bity & Diene, Mbaye, 2013. "Nonlinearities in productivity growth: A semi-parametric panel analysis," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 45-75.
- Kumar Narayan, Paresh & Smyth, Russell, 2007.
"Are shocks to energy consumption permanent or temporary? Evidence from 182 countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 333-341, January.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2005. "Are Shocks To Energy Consumption Permanent Or Temporary? Evidence From 182 Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 06/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Distaso, Walter, 2007.
"Testing joint hypotheses when one of the alternatives is one-sided,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 695-718, October.
- K Abadir & W Distaso, "undated". "Testing joint hypotheses when one of the alternatives is one-sided," Discussion Papers 05/13, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol & Snell, Andy, 2003. "Testing for a unit root in the nonlinear STAR framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 359-379, February.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Chu, Hsiao-Ping & Ranjbar, Omid, 2014. "Are GDP fluctuations transitory or permanent in African countries? Sequential Panel Selection Method," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 380-399.
- Mariam Camarero & Josep Lluís Carrion‐i‐Silvestre & Cecilio Tamarit, 2006.
"Testing for Hysteresis in Unemployment in OECD Countries: New Evidence using Stationarity Panel Tests with Breaks,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(2), pages 167-182, April.
- Mariam Camarero & Josep Lluis Carrion Silvestre & Cecilio Tamarit, 2004. "Testing for hysteresis in unemployment in OECD countries. New evidence using stationarity panel tests with breaks," Working Papers in Economics 119, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Scott L. Baier & Gerald P. Dwyer & Robert Tamura, 2006.
"How Important are Capital and Total Factor Productivity for Economic Growth?,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 23-49, January.
- Scott L. Baier & Gerald P. Dwyer & Robert Tamura, 2002. "How important are capital and total factor productivity for economic growth?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Christidou, Maria & Panagiotidis, Theodore & Sharma, Abhijit, 2013.
"On the stationarity of per capita carbon dioxide emissions over a century,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 918-925.
- Maria Christisou & Theodore Panagiotidis & Abhijit Sharma, 2013. "On the stationarity of per capita carbon dioxide emissions over a century," Discussion Paper Series 2013_02, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2013.
- Maria Christidou & Theodore Panagiotidis & Abhijit Sharma, 2013. "On the stationarity of per capita carbon dioxide emissions over a century," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1317, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Maria Christidou & Theodore Panagiotidis & Abhijit Sharma, 2013. "On the Stationarity of per Capita Carbon Dioxide Emissions over a Century," Working Paper series 48_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bity Diene & Mbaye Diene & Théophile Azomahou, 2013. "Nonlinearities in Productivity Growth: A Semi-parametric Panel Analysis," Post-Print halshs-00914557, HAL.
- Beechey, Meredith & Österholm, Pär, 2008. "Revisiting the uncertain unit root in GDP and CPI: Testing for non-linear trend reversion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 221-223, August.
- Kramer, Walter & Davies, Laurie, 2002.
"Testing for unit roots in the context of misspecified logarithmic random walks,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 313-319, February.
- Krämer, Walter & Davies, Laurie, 2000. "Testing for unit roots in the context of misspecified logarithmic random walks," Technical Reports 2000,30, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Juan Cuestas & Dean Garratt, 2011.
"Is real GDP per capita a stationary process? Smooth transitions, nonlinear trends and unit root testing,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 555-563, December.
- Juan Carlos Cuestas & Dean Garratt, 2008. "Is real GDP per capita a stationary process? Smooth transitions, nonlinear trends and unit root testing," NBS Discussion Papers in Economics 2008/12, Economics, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University.
- Luis Gil-Alana & Pedro Mendi, 2005. "Fractional integration in total factor productivity: evidence from US data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1369-1383.
- Robinson Kruse, 2011.
"A new unit root test against ESTAR based on a class of modified statistics,"
Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 71-85, February.
- Kruse, Robinson, 2008. "A new unit root test against ESTAR based on a class of modified statistics," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-398, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Jewell, Todd & Lee, Junsoo & Tieslau, Margie & Strazicich, Mark C., 2003. "Stationarity of health expenditures and GDP: evidence from panel unit root tests with heterogeneous structural breaks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 313-323, March.
- David F. Hendry & Katarina Juselius, 2001.
"Explaining Cointegration Analysis: Part II,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-120.
- Neophyta Empora & Theofanis Mamuneas, 2011. "The Effect of Emissions on U.S. State Total Factor Productivity Growth," Review of Economic Analysis, Digital Initiatives at the University of Waterloo Library, vol. 3(2), pages 149-172, October.
- Nazrul Islam, 2008. "Determinants of productivity across countries:an exploratory analysis," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 42(1), pages 201-242, September.
- Minten, Bart & Barrett, Christopher B., 2008. "Agricultural Technology, Productivity, and Poverty in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 797-822, May.
- John Dawson & Mark Strazicich, 2010. "Time-series tests of income convergence with two structural breaks: evidence from 29 countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9), pages 909-912.
- Junsoo Lee & Mark C. Strazicich, 2003. "Minimum Lagrange Multiplier Unit Root Test with Two Structural Breaks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 1082-1089, November.
- Andrew B. Bernard, 2004. "Exporting and Productivity in the USA," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 343-357, Autumn.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Aslan, Alper & Kum, Hakan, 2011. "The stationary of energy consumption for Turkish disaggregate data by employing linear and nonlinear unit root tests," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4256-4258.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudiu Albulescu & Serban Miclea, 2020. "Firm-level total factor productivity convergence in German electricity and gas industry," Working Papers hal-02512939, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity; Unit roots; Nonlinearity; Time series data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0265-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.