Risk governance: conceptualization, tasks, and research agenda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aebi, Vincent & Sabato, Gabriele & Schmid, Markus, 2012. "Risk management, corporate governance, and bank performance in the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3213-3226.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Marjolein B.A. van Asselt & Ortwin Renn, 2011. "Risk governance," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 431-449, April.
- Henri Servaes & Ane Tamayo & Peter Tufano, 2009. "The Theory and Practice of Corporate Risk Management," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(4), pages 60-78, September.
- Åsa Boholm & Hervé Corvellec & Marianne Karlsson, 2012. "The practice of risk governance: lessons from the field," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Fauver, Larry & Fuerst, Michael E., 2006. "Does good corporate governance include employee representation? Evidence from German corporate boards," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 673-710, December.
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Loeb, Martin P. & Tseng, Chih-Yang, 2009. "Enterprise risk management and firm performance: A contingency perspective," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 301-327, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Battaglia, Francesca & Gallo, Angela, 2015. "Risk governance and Asian bank performance: An empirical investigation over the financial crisis," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 53-68.
- Stephen A. Ross, 2004. "Compensation, Incentives, and the Duality of Risk Aversion and Riskiness," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 207-225, February.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Armand Picou & Michael Rubach, 2006. "Does Good Governance Matter to Institutional Investors? Evidence from the Enactment of Corporate Governance Guidelines," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 55-67, April.
- Ioan-Bogdan Robu & Mihaela-Alina Robu & Marilena Mironiuc & Florentina Olivia Balu, 2014. "The Value Relevance of Financial Distress Risk in the Case of RASDAQ Companies," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 623-642, December.
- Bruna De Marchi, 2003. "Public participation and risk governance," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 171-176, June.
- Tirole, Jean, 2001. "Corporate Governance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Peter Mackay & Sara B. Moeller, 2007. "The Value of Corporate Risk Management," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1379-1419, June.
- Yuhong Xu, 2014. "Robust valuation and risk measurement under model uncertainty," Papers 1407.8024, arXiv.org.
- Veeris Ammarapala & James T. Luxhøj, 2007. "A Collaborative Multi-criteria Decision Making Technique for Risk Factor Prioritization," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 465-485, June.
- David J Ball & Laurence Golob, 1999. "Diverse conceptions of risk prioritization," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 243-261, July.
- Hutchinson, Marion & Seamer, Michael & Chapple, Larelle (Ellie), 2015. "Institutional Investors, Risk/Performance and Corporate Governance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 31-52.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, RenÃ© M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 391-405, December.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
"Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William M. Dugger, 1996. "The Mechanisms of Governance," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 1212-1216, December.
- Barrieu, Pauline & Scandolo, Giacomo, 2015. "Assessing financial model risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(2), pages 546-556.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp & Stahl, Gerhard & Luedtke, Corinna, 2008. "Measuring Model Risk," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-409, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Eling, Martin, 2012. "A decision-theoretic foundation for reward-to-risk performance measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2077-2082.
- Kent D Miller, 1992. "A Framework for Integrated Risk Management in International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(2), pages 311-331, June.
- Gheorghe Mirela, 2012. "Risk Management In The Context Of Sustainable Development," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1248-1254, July.
- Robert Gibbons & Robert S. Kaplan, 2015. "Formal Measures in Informal Management: Can a Balanced Scorecard Change a Culture?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 447-451, May.
- Shann Turnbull, 1997. "Corporate Governance: Its scope, concerns and theories," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 180-205, October.
- Cassandra R. Cole & Enya He & Kathleen A. McCullough & David W. Sommer, 2011. "Separation of Ownership and Management: Implications for Risk‐Taking Behavior," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 14(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Todd A. Gormley & David A. Matsa, 2011. "Growing Out of Trouble? Corporate Responses to Liability Risk," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(8), pages 2781-2821.
- Nagorniak, John, 1982. "Risk Adjusted Equity Performance Measurement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 555-561, May.
- Chung-An Chen & Barry Bozeman, 2012. "Organizational Risk Aversion: Comparing The Public and Non-Profit Sectors," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 377-402, March.
- Marie-Valentine Florin, 2013. "IRGC's approach to emerging risks," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3-4), pages 315-322, April.
- Grant Kirkpatrick, 2009. "The corporate governance lessons from the financial crisis," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2009(1), pages 61-87.
- Paul Glasserman & Xingbo Xu, 2014. "Robust risk measurement and model risk," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 29-58, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vanessa Hille & Arnd Wiedemann, 2019. "Digitalisierung im Mittelstand - integrativer Steuerungsansatz zur Implementierung einer Digitalisierungsstrategie," ZfKE – Zeitschrift für KMU und Entrepreneurship, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 67(2), pages 145-152.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jiang, Wei & Adams, Mike & Jia-Upreti, Joy, 2012. "Does managerial entrenchment motivate the insurance decision?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 117-128.
- Kakiya Grace Girangwa & Lucy Rono & Jared Mose, 2020. "The Influence of Enterprise Risk Management Practices on Organizational Performance: Evidence from Kenyan State Corporations," Journal of Accounting, Business and Finance Research, Scientific Publishing Institute, vol. 8(1), pages 11-20.
- Catarina Fernandes & Jorge Farinha & Francisco Vitorino Martins & Cesario Mateus, 2018. "Bank governance and performance: a survey of the literature," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 236-256, July.
- Ormazabal, Gaizka, 2018. "The Role of Stakeholders in Corporate Governance: A View from Accounting Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 12775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anbil, Sriya & Saretto, Alessio & Tookes, Heather, 2019. "How does hedge designation impact the market’s perception of credit risk?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 25-42.
- Ginglinger, Edith & Megginson, William & Waxin, Timothée, 2011.
"Employee ownership, board representation, and corporate financial policies,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 868-887, September.
- Edith Ginglinger & William Megginson & Timothee Waxin, 2011. "Employee Ownership, Board Representation, and Corporate Financial Policies," Post-Print halshs-00626310, HAL.
- Mahoney, Joseph T., 2012. "Towards a Stakeholder Theory of Strategic Management," Working Papers 12-0100, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Sriya Anbil & Alessio Saretto & Heather Tookes, 2016. "Does Hedging with Derivatives Reduce the Market's Perception of Credit Risk?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-100, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Showkat Ahmad Busru & G. Shanmugasundaram & Shariq Ahmad Bhat, 2020. "Corporate Governance an Imperative for Stakeholders Protection: Evidence from Risk Management of Indian Listed Firms," Business Perspectives and Research, , vol. 8(2), pages 89-116, July.
- Shkendije Himaj, 2014. "Corporate Governance in Banks and its Impact on Risk and Performance: Review of Literature on the Selected Governance Mechanisms," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 3(3), pages 53-85.
- Chen, Yu-Lun & Chuang, Yi-Wei & Huang, Hong-Gia & Shih, Jhuan-Yu, 2020. "The value of implementing enterprise risk management: Evidence from Taiwan’s financial industry," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Eugenio Zubeltzu-Jaka & Eduardo Ortas & Igor Álvarez-Etxeberria, 2019. "Independent Directors and Organizational Performance: New Evidence from A Meta-Analytic Regression Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-25, December.
- Matthias Draheim & Günter Franke, 2018. "Employee Orientation and Financial Performance of Foundation Owned Firms," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 70(4), pages 375-410, November.
- Allayannis, George & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2012. "The use of foreign currency derivatives, corporate governance, and firm value around the world," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 65-79.
- Akron, Sagi & Benninga, Simon, 2013. "Production and hedging implications of executive compensation schemes," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 119-139.
- Brown, Kareen & Chen, Changling & Kennedy, Duane, 2017. "Target ownership plans and earnings management," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 87-101.
- Rubén Chavarín, 2020. "Risk governance, banks affiliated to business groups, and foreign ownership," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "The Governance of the New Enterprise," CRSP working papers 487, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Thibaut Lux & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2016. "Model-free bounds on Value-at-Risk using extreme value information and statistical distances," Papers 1610.09734, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2018.
- Steen Thomsen & Caspar Rose, 2004. "Foundation Ownership and Financial Performance: Do Companies Need Owners?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 343-364, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk governance; Risk management; Corporate governance; Dynamic capabilities; Value optimization;
All these keywords.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jbecon:v:86:y:2016:i:8:d:10.1007_s11573-016-0826-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.