Assessing financial model risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerkhof, Jeroen & Melenberg, Bertrand & Schumacher, Hans, 2010. "Model risk and capital reserves," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 267-279, January.
- Acerbi, Carlo, 2002. "Spectral measures of risk: A coherent representation of subjective risk aversion," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1505-1518, July.
- Rama Cont, 2006. "Model Uncertainty And Its Impact On The Pricing Of Derivative Instruments," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 519-547, July.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Giacomo Scandolo, 2010. "Robustness and sensitivity analysis of risk measurement procedures," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 593-606.
- Bertsimas, Dimitris & Lauprete, Geoffrey J. & Samarov, Alexander, 2004. "Shortfall as a risk measure: properties, optimization and applications," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1353-1381, April.
- Embrechts, Paul & Puccetti, Giovanni & Rüschendorf, Ludger, 2013. "Model uncertainty and VaR aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2750-2764.
- Bauerle, Nicole & Muller, Alfred, 2006. "Stochastic orders and risk measures: Consistency and bounds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 132-148, February.
- Fertis, Apostolos & Baes, Michel & Lüthi, Hans-Jakob, 2012. "Robust risk management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 663-672.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Giacomo Scandolo, 2010. "Robustness and sensitivity analysis of risk measurement procedures," Post-Print hal-00413729, HAL.
- Steve Zymler & Daniel Kuhn & Berç Rustem, 2013. "Worst-Case Value at Risk of Nonlinear Portfolios," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 172-188, July.
- Rama Cont, 2006. "Model uncertainty and its impact on the pricing of derivative instruments," Post-Print halshs-00002695, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcelo Brutti Righi & Fernanda Maria Muller & Marlon Ruoso Moresco, 2017. "On a robust risk measurement approach for capital determination errors minimization," Papers 1707.09829, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2020.
- Ballotta, Laura & Deelstra, Griselda & Rayée, Grégory, 2017. "Multivariate FX models with jumps: Triangles, Quantos and implied correlation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(3), pages 1181-1199.
- Valeria Bignozzi & Claudio Macci & Lea Petrella, 2017. "Large deviations for risk measures in finite mixture models," Papers 1710.03252, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- Thierry Cohignac & Nabil Kazi-Tani, 2019. "Quantile Mixing and Model Uncertainty Measures," Working Papers hal-02405859, HAL.
- Thibaut Lux & Antonis Papapantoleon, 2016. "Model-free bounds on Value-at-Risk using extreme value information and statistical distances," Papers 1610.09734, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2018.
- Carole Bernard & Ludger Rüschendorf & Steven Vanduffel, 2017. "Value-at-Risk Bounds With Variance Constraints," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 84(3), pages 923-959, September.
- Lin, Edward M.H. & Sun, Edward W. & Yu, Min-Teh, 2020. "Behavioral data-driven analysis with Bayesian method for risk management of financial services," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 228(C).
- Bernard, Carole & Kazzi, Rodrigue & Vanduffel, Steven, 2020. "Range Value-at-Risk bounds for unimodal distributions under partial information," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 9-24.
- Volker Stein & Arnd Wiedemann, 2016. "Risk governance: conceptualization, tasks, and research agenda," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 86(8), pages 813-836, November.
- Bernard, Carole & Vanduffel, Steven, 2015. "A new approach to assessing model risk in high dimensions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 166-178.
- Lux, Thibaut & Papapantoleon, Antonis, 2019. "Model-free bounds on Value-at-Risk using extreme value information and statistical distances," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 73-83.
- Changki Kim & Yangho Choi & Woojoo Lee & Jae Youn Ahn, 2013. "Analyzing Herd Behavior in Global Stock Markets: An Intercontinental Comparison," Papers 1308.3966, arXiv.org.
- Mai Jan-Frederik & Schenk Steffen & Scherer Matthias, 2015. "Analyzing model robustness via a distortion of the stochastic root: A Dirichlet prior approach," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 32(3-4), pages 177-195, December.
- Valeriane Jokhadze & Wolfgang M. Schmidt, 2020. "Measuring Model Risk In Financial Risk Management And Pricing," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(02), pages 1-37, April.
- Bignozzi, Valeria & Macci, Claudio & Petrella, Lea, 2018. "Large deviations for risk measures in finite mixture models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 84-92.
- Braouezec, Yann & Grunspan, Cyril, 2016. "A new elementary geometric approach to option pricing bounds in discrete time models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(1), pages 270-280.
- Marcelo Brutti Righi, 2018. "A theory for combinations of risk measures," Papers 1807.01977, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2020.
- Tolulope Fadina & Ariel Neufeld & Thorsten Schmidt, 2018. "Affine processes under parameter uncertainty," Papers 1806.02912, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2019.
- Marco Frittelli & Marco Maggis, 2017. "Disentangling Price, Risk and Model Risk: V&R measures," Papers 1703.01329, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2017.
- Coqueret, Guillaume & Tavin, Bertrand, 2016. "An investigation of model risk in a market with jumps and stochastic volatility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(3), pages 648-658.
- Paul Embrechts & Giovanni Puccetti & Ludger Rüschendorf & Ruodu Wang & Antonela Beleraj, 2014. "An Academic Response to Basel 3.5," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Claußen, Arndt & Rösch, Daniel & Schmelzle, Martin, 2019. "Hedging parameter risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 111-121.
- James Ming Chen, 2018. "On Exactitude in Financial Regulation: Value-at-Risk, Expected Shortfall, and Expectiles," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-1, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinance; Risk management; Robustness and sensitivity analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:242:y:2015:i:2:p:546-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.